Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Gran Turismo 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tomorrow's the big day (Feb 22), who's going out to buy it?
Me, for sure. Only I have to wait till 11 march till its for sale in europe. People in japan have had it for like 2 months.

Its one of the reasons I hardly buy official games anymore. Games industry keeps us waiting for months after the US and Japan already had their release so I say fuck em. Look at MGS3, RE4 and GT4. If I can I buy a rip or dl it only GT4 doesn't fit on a dvd5 Sad So GT4 and RE4 will be the last games I buy for this generation.

Still, I can't wait till its released. Every GT game has pushed boundries on all categories. Graphics, gameplay, sound is always the best sony can offer and it keeps you busy for months.

Its going to be fun watching the fanboys argue since Forza is also comming out soon on xbox I believe.
I want it so bad.... but my car needs and anime addiction will keep me away from it till it gets down to 20 bucks. :p I love the way gt3 is good at simulating racing. I just wish I had half of the cars in those games.
Yeah i would love to have it too cus everyone knows GT is the best for racing games but yeah 50 bucks is a little much for me i never spend that much on any game unless it's an rpg and the last one i got was a bit dissapointing.

But i will definately get it in the future when i beat the other games im playing Big Grin
elcoholic Wrote:Me, for sure. Only I have to wait till 11 march till its for sale in europe. People in japan have had it for like 2 months.

my friend d/l'd the Jap Iso ive played it and man it rocks Big Grin though im more of an arcade racer boi
Going to buy it Friday. Get paid... The best part of working in a video game store is the discount. With the money I've put down on it already and a fifteen percent discount.. Oh, the glory. :-)

I'm not much for racing sims, but this looks too tasty to pass up. Would go get it today, but the f*cking flu has me down.
I think you are all wasting your time and money. Besides better graphics I felt like I was playing the same game three times with the first three. My reasons why not to but GT4: no online play, no damage, annoying liscense tests, forza is better, forza is better, forza is better. Reasons to wait for Forza motorsport, just as good if not better graphics, online play, damage, insane customization where you actually see your changes, cars from ferrari and lamborgini and porcshe, you know the cars you actually want to race. and lastly the new exclusive Drivatar feature where your driver gets better and more skilled the more you race. Please just rent GT4, don't waste 50 bucks.
Bought it today and couldn't be happier, this game freaking rocks.

The amount of cars you have to choose from is staggering.

I'll update later, busy playing right now lol.
geo85 Wrote:I think you are all wasting your time and money. Besides better graphics I felt like I was playing the same game three times with the first three. My reasons why not to but GT4: no online play, no damage, annoying liscense tests, forza is better, forza is better, forza is better. Reasons to wait for Forza motorsport, just as good if not better graphics, online play, damage, insane customization where you actually see your changes, cars from ferrari and lamborgini and porcshe, you know the cars you actually want to race. and lastly the new exclusive Drivatar feature where your driver gets better and more skilled the more you race. Please just rent GT4, don't waste 50 bucks.

Well, I only paid $23. I love employee discounts.
geo85 Wrote:I think you are all wasting your time and money. Besides better graphics I felt like I was playing the same game three times with the first three. My reasons why not to but GT4: no online play, no damage, annoying liscense tests, forza is better, forza is better, forza is better. Reasons to wait for Forza motorsport, just as good if not better graphics, online play, damage, insane customization where you actually see your changes, cars from ferrari and lamborgini and porcshe, you know the cars you actually want to race. and lastly the new exclusive Drivatar feature where your driver gets better and more skilled the more you race. Please just rent GT4, don't waste 50 bucks.

Very nice and all but I'm a racing fan in real life too. Real racing fans don't want to drive in a ferrari. All I care about is the handling of the cars in which the GT series has been unmatched on consoles and I get a ton of new tracks and cars this time. I get the feeling your more of a arcade racer, I want it as close to the real thing as possible. You know, one mistake and your out. The customasation of the handling of the car is GT's trademark. You seem to want spoilers and skirts so you can 'see' the difference but I want to 'feel' the difference. Your right about the damage thing but you try getting 700 cars in a game which you have to license AND build damage models for aswell. The lack of online play is a serious disappointment for me though and that's where forza beats GT4 (if done right) but so far that's the only thing and I think GT will go online eventually. I've heard bad things about forza so far by people who played a demo and said the handling is no where close to GT4. But if you only have an xbox I hope it will be a good game so you will also finally have a good race sim.
apparently there is gonna be an online version released later but thats waht they said for GT3 so who knows???
Yeah, store discounts are great for games.

My brother picked this game up at Best Buy for $44 (Canadian) with his employee discount. And this game definately DOES rock!

I'm a little disappointed in 1080i mode though. I was expecting it to look nicer. I find that it looked even better in 480p, because everything was more vibrant and cleaner.

I doubt i'll ever get a chance to play it though, since my brother will be playing it all the time Tongue
elcoholic Wrote:Very nice and all but I'm a racing fan in real life too. Real racing fans don't want to drive in a ferrari. All I care about is the handling of the cars in which the GT series has been unmatched on consoles and I get a ton of new tracks and cars this time. I get the feeling your more of a arcade racer, I want it as close to the real thing as possible. You know, one mistake and your out. The customasation of the handling of the car is GT's trademark. You seem to want spoilers and skirts so you can 'see' the difference but I want to 'feel' the difference. Your right about the damage thing but you try getting 700 cars in a game which you have to license AND build damage models for aswell. The lack of online play is a serious disappointment for me though and that's where forza beats GT4 (if done right) but so far that's the only thing and I think GT will go online eventually. I've heard bad things about forza so far by people who played a demo and said the handling is no where close to GT4. But if you only have an xbox I hope it will be a good game so you will also finally have a good race sim.
My feelings exactly. I race cars as a hobby and I want a racing "sim" not just a racing game.