Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Macross Zero makes NO sense.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Macross zero has some of the coolest fighting scenes i've ever seen. They had to have spent a bajillion $ to make it. It also makes no sense. Perhaps someone can clear it up for me, but I doubt it.

1) Protoculture. The term protoculture here means something totally different. I'm still not sure if they were referring to the bird man thing as protoculture or if protoculture is the theory that human evolution was sped up. In Macross protoculture were the original humans basically that created the supervision army and the zentrai that were later destroyed by those two. The humans in Macross talk like they've never heard the term protoculture before. At least Focker should have.

2) The timeline makes no sense. In a flashback in Macross roy is working on making a working veritech. This means that Macross Zero would have to have taken place after roy was assigned to the Macross. If he was assigned to the macross what the hell was he doing in Macross Zero?

3) Roy's girlfriend. If the timeline is right then he was REALLY not interested in the black chick (totally forgot her name at the moment) cuz he was really into the chick in Macross Zero.

Anyone have any thoughts or other inconsistencies? I know I thought of at least one more before, but I forgot what it was now.
Cidien Wrote:They had to have spent a bajillion $ to make it.

Bajillion ¥ Big Grin
Well if we're talking yen it's more like a katrillion!
5 eps of wtf... in confusion thouigh pretty to watch Wink
hey you should feel blessed

i just finished watching neon genesis evangelion *pulls hair out*
lol abit late but join the mindf*ck Wink
They're confusing in different ways though. Macross Zero is confusing because it doesn't seem to match up with the original series and i'm not sure what the birdman is and what they are referring to when they use the word protoculture. Nobody has any kind of clarification? Is everyone as confused as I am? lol
Didn't I tell you to go watch Robotech the whole series. Believe it or not although its three different animes put together, they make more sense then the Macross sequals. The books are amazing and so were the comics by Wildstorm. Macross Zero although beautiful makes some chronological inconsistencies. Protoculture is a form of energy derived from placing the seeds of the Invid Flower of Life in a matrix that prevents them from dividing. This energy source is completely clean, abundant, and because of this, the Robotech Masters' entire empire depended on it. Protoculture is also somehow involved in genetic engineering technologies of both the Invid and the Robotech Masters, though the details (from the show) are uncertain. This word was mainly used in Robotech not Macross so its a little confusing when they used it on Macross Zero.
Actually Macross uses the word protoculture quite often. And i've already told you i've watched all of robotech.