Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Discount Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not new to anime, but Im new here. I don't know if anyone has posted this question or not, but I found a site that sells anime, called Discount Anime ( http://www.discountanimedvd.com ).

Has anyone had any dealings with this company.

They have Infinite Ryvius, which is a pain to download on Kazaa, so I'm might get it through them.

Let me know. Thanks in advance![/url]
Umm How about you click "Store" over to your left under "Hong Kong DVDs".

There's a better selection and it's cheaper . . . plus Junkie Joe is cool . . . and the DVD's have ratings.
Quote:Originally posted by "joesama"

I'm not new to anime, but Im new here. I don't know if anyone has posted this question or not, but I found a site that sells anime, called Discount Anime ( http://www.discountanimedvd.com ).

Has anyone had any dealings with this company.
[/url]

I was going to buy from there a long time ago back before I knew what HK Anime was , but I never place the order. Later I found this place & haven't found a better place.
I placed an order there recently because it's the only place I saw that had Kanon DVD. It figures that it'd be released and that I'd see it days after I win an auction for VCDs of it on eBay. --; I also picked up Infinite Ryvius, so I'll be sure to let you all know what comes of it.

(No slight intended towards JJ, but once he gets the weird obscure titles I've been looking for I'll be sure to order from here. =P)
True I noticed they had Kanon. I would like to see it. As Discount Anime goes, that's a crock of bull shit. They are far from cheaper, than JJ. Keep it up JJ!!!! :mrgreen:
I'll still haven't fully checked this place out. Didn't know there was a store here...heh!

Thanks for the replies...

BTW, if anybody has Kazaa I got all of s.CRY.ed and most of Full Metal Panic, if anybody would like to check'em out.
hmm... I've seen this store (DA) around but never bought from them. I do think they are expensive.. lol. I'm glad I found this place (IA) because it's wonderfull! I have not ordered yet, but I love it. It's one of the best, if not the best place in general that deals with hk dvd's. I do want to order soon.

BTW- as for kanon. check ebay lately? THERE ARE A TON!! and super cheap to. I've recently ordered from someone named "rcseller82" and she gets alot of things including Kanon faster than I've seen anyone on the net get them... lol She had the second volume of the new tenchi already, and I thought to my self "wow! I have not even seen these on pages yet!" BTW - be warned. Shipping is a killer. BUT, I guess it works out in the end figuring that the auctions for these dvd's are like 6 or 7 bucks max... lol Smile

oh, and she does not have much of a vararity though....
My whole point is that I got the Kanon VCDs from eBay, and a few days later the DVD set is released. When I searched for "kanon" on Saturday there was nothing but VCDs. Lucky me.

Also, I tend not to get my HK DVDs off eBay because many of the sellers are actually based in HK itself, and thus it takes approximately 2 weeks for anything to arrive. My s.CRY.ed set took over a month. High prices or not, I'd rather have the relative safeness of ordering someplace with a reputation and faster shipping times.
I placed a big order with them recently. Took a little under 2 weeks to get the items. They are a little more expensive but they seem to have a larger stock.

In terms of fast delivery and great prices, though, I have to go with import-anime or cookie jar. Both have been great. I just with they had a larger selection.

For selection and price, animeaniacs seems the top. But they are a little slow on delivery. Still not as slow as the general eBay seller though.

So far all listed above have been great as far as customer service and reliability.
One thing I love about Import-Anime is that you get to talk to the owner and he's pretty flexible. :mrgreen:
Yes, the owner of importanime is great, plus he take request.
Quote:Originally posted by "bellreisa"

My whole point is that I got the Kanon VCDs from eBay, and a few days later the DVD set is released. When I searched for "kanon" on Saturday there was nothing but VCDs. Lucky me.

Also, I tend not to get my HK DVDs off eBay because many of the sellers are actually based in HK itself, and thus it takes approximately 2 weeks for anything to arrive. My s.CRY.ed set took over a month. High prices or not, I'd rather have the relative safeness of ordering someplace with a reputation and faster shipping times.

EXACTLY!!!.... the worst is when they don't even SAY they're located in HK... and then all of a sudden you get hit with a crappy shipping fee....

or how bout companies located IN the US that have HORRIBLE shipping rates..... last time i checked shipping isn't THAT much
Well it's a shady whay to make some more money.
Update on my discountanimedvd order:

- Placed order for Kanon and Ryvius on the 15th.
- Waited a week, and nothing came.
- Checked the status of the order on the page (this is actually a pretty good feature, one I haven't seen on other sites yet).
- Nothing showed as of yesterday.
- Checked today, and I had a UPS tracking number (this is also good).
- Tracked the shipment; it wasn't shipped till the 21st (so it took them 6 days to put it together? What the hell?)
- It's getting to me on the 28th (I blame UPS for this, but I still don't believe it took 6 days for the store to ship two titles).

I'll update whenever I get the package in, but as of now I'd say to stay away. Tongue
Thank God I never knew about the place. I'll stick to AnimEigo. :mrgreen: Though they are very slow. The chowder heads. :mrgreen:
Pages: 1 2