Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Need a new Series to Watch...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, i've been looking for a new series to watch... Lately, i've been into some romance series like Fruits Basket, Ai Yori Aoshi, Love Hina, His and Her Circumstances, etc. I also just finished Someday Dreamers and Haibane Renmei.

Does anybody have any good suggestions on what i should get and watch next?

Imput would be much appreciated. Thanks
Hello

Have you tried the Chobits series i like it very much and accually right now i am watching Cool . So thats all i really have i am a anime noob Wink
Yeah, I watched Chobits a few months back. It wasn't the best series i have seen, but it wasn't bad by any means.

Thanks for your reply. Does anybody else have any suggestions?
sorry i am not much help.
Fushigi Yuugi, I haven't seen it myself, it is a romantic story and everyone that I've talked to that has seen it liked it.
Well if it's romance you like then it might aswell be the greatest ever series you watch, the classic Maison Ikkoku. An old CLASSIC! Try get the MI complete set with fansubs if you want to watch it all in one go. The FX first set is great though if you want the dub. The dubs a fun one though and although I generally dont watch them I'll always have a place for this one because I watched it as a kid.
Great. Thanks for the help guys.
Blight Wrote:Fushigi Yuugi, I haven't seen it myself, it is a romantic story and everyone that I've talked to that has seen it liked it.
Fushigi Yuugi is very good..Based on what you've seen before up there, you may like it.

And, another thing I'd like to recomend is, Ceres: Celestial Legend. I havnt watched it all yet, but its by the same peron who did FY, and I think she did a better job with it. Big Grin
katherine_jean Wrote:Fushigi Yuugi is very good..Based on what you've seen before up there, you may like it.
And, another thing I'd like to recomend is, Ceres: Celestial Legend. I havnt watched it all yet, but its by the same peron who did FY, and I think she did a better job with it. Big Grin
I liked them both but I found Ceres very very sad and depressing....it just goes from bad to worse....if you haven't finished watching it I won't spoil it....but in the sum of it it had a very romantic subplot but most of it was just sad....I felt so bad for the characters....it tells my motto "It could always be worse" and in this case it just kept getting worse for the main girl.... Sad
i really liked ceres and fushigi yugi..... two thumds up,
but if you want something a little bit funnier, i say azumanga daioh.
i think its really funny, witty comedy some might say.
i'd also like to add the X is good too.
if you like that romance stuff please teacher is kinda cool i hear ai yoro aoshi is good

um....

other then the always popular

evangellion
bebop
and trigun
oh and gundam stuff

Hand maid May was ok

Kino's journey is cool

ooooooooooooooooooooo rune soldier for comedy funniest anime i have ever seen
Tsukiko Wrote:I liked them both but I found Ceres very very sad and depressing....it just goes from bad to worse....if you haven't finished watching it I won't spoil it....but in the sum of it it had a very romantic subplot but most of it was just sad....I felt so bad for the characters....it tells my motto "It could always be worse" and in this case it just kept getting worse for the main girl.... Sad
Hmm, Well...I actually ordered the reast of the ceres on friday, so Ill soon see, but from what Ive heard from other rviewers, it does get sad.
Makes me want to watch it even more. Yu Watase has a knack for making great series' (I just started reading Alice 19th. Its pretty good too, though all the characters kinda remind me of Fushigi Yugi's)
katherine_jean Wrote:Hmm, Well...I actually ordered the reast of the ceres on friday, so Ill soon see, but from what Ive heard from other rviewers, it does get sad.
Makes me want to watch it even more. Yu Watase has a knack for making great series' (I just started reading Alice 19th. Its pretty good too, though all the characters kinda remind me of Fushigi Yugi's)
You said it, I love Yu Watase's work...I've been reading Alice 19th too....not to mention I suggested it to a friend who has a friend that likes manga Tongue she got a good christmas present out of it Big Grin and lol they should remind you of Fushigi Yugi characters....she made them too! :p
i can write a huge list or just pick one hmmmm

id say Full Metal Alchemist as ive yet to come accross anyone that has negative opinions on it,

which is quite a feat considering alot of anime have diffrerent opinions from people...i even know someone who didnt like Berserk...to what point i nearly chopped of their head Wink
rav96 Wrote:i i even know someone who didnt like Berserk...to what point i nearly chopped of their head Wink

"off with his head"
at first i thought i wouldn't like berserk but then i started to watch it and really liked it. now i want to go buy the manga.
Pages: 1 2