Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What says You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im looking for a really good anime series. Something I havent seen before. Something unique. I really like fantasy/fighting anime. I wouldnt mind a comedy. But what I really want is something with staying power, something I cant watch time and time again. Any suggestions.
surfrider777 Wrote:Im looking for a really good anime series. Something I havent seen before. Something unique. I really like fantasy/fighting anime. I wouldnt mind a comedy. But what I really want is something with staying power, something I cant watch time and time again. Any suggestions.

sCRYed sCRYed sCRYed sCRYed
r00ster Wrote:sCRYed sCRYed sCRYed sCRYed

Agreed. You've obviously seen Naruto... lol. Yu Yu Hakusho's a great fighter but you've prolly seen that. Saiyuki is a good blend of comedy/action. Heat Guy J is awesome too.
If you like fighting anime check out the Grappler Baki series. Its the best fighting anime out there as far as realism goes (although I haven't seen Ippo which I hear is also good). You'll find every martial art in there with cool charrecters and lots of battle's and tournaments. It awesome, only bad side is the subs on the HK's suck. Everything that could go wrong goes wrong on these sets but nevertheless I guarantee anyone who likes fighting anime will love this show.

Has anyone ever seen this besides me, I can't believe it gets mentioned so little.
surfrider777 Wrote:Im looking for a really good anime series. Something I havent seen before. Something unique. I really like fantasy/fighting anime. I wouldnt mind a comedy. But what I really want is something with staying power, something I cant watch time and time again. Any suggestions.

For a really good anime series I recommend Last Exile. For a really good anime series that's also a comedy I recommend GTO. As far as fantasy goes, Escaflowne is very cool as is Fushigi Yugi.
Woot for GTO. It was the first thing I though of when I saw you might like comedy. And as far as comedy goes, it is the best of the best.
im assuming you have seen cowboy bebop right??? well if you havn't thats awesome but if you have i really enjoyed gundam wing but thats for the politics and the mecha is cool too other then that something rewatchable probally Kino's journey

im not that great with fantasy anime though but i remember seening record of lodoss war and that was really good
I own Cowboy Beebop, LOVE it. Own all the Yu Yu Hakushos, gotta give it up for the Black Tournament. Seen Last Exile, it was really good. Not really into mecha but I like Gundam and I hear Escaflowne is good. I think I might try Saiyuki or GTO. What is Fushigi Yugi about? THanks for your help. If there is anyother animes that yall can suggest Im always up for new stuff. Thanks again.
Well I don't know if this fits into both the categories you specified, but for me it is re-watchable at any time...

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

I suppose it could fit into the fantasy easily enough and there is plenty of fighting... including some really intense sword play between D and Meijer-Link. It is dub only, but it is easily my most favorite anime.

Saiyuki is very good, so is Escaflowne, and Fushigi Yugi is good, but there isn't much in the way of fighting, and pretty much deals with two high school girls transported into an alternate reality via a book and each one is considered a princess of one of several warring factions and so even though they were friends, now they are enemies.... hmmm sounds somewhat similar to Junni Kokki... but there isn't much fighting in it either, but it was still good as well...

Looks like you'll need to do some reviewing on series at animenfo.com to see which one you'd like to look into.
surfrider777 Wrote:I own Cowboy Beebop, LOVE it. Own all the Yu Yu Hakushos, gotta give it up for the Black Tournament. Seen Last Exile, it was really good. Not really into mecha but I like Gundam and I hear Escaflowne is good. I think I might try Saiyuki or GTO. What is Fushigi Yugi about? THanks for your help. If there is anyother animes that yall can suggest Im always up for new stuff. Thanks again.

GTO is definitely worth watching. It's an excellent comedy/drama. That's one of my R1 sets I will never sell. Got them all for only $80 too. =P
I strongly reccomend Hajime no Ippo (though I reccomend the manga 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x more). It's released in the U.S. by Geoneon under the title, Fighting Spirit. A lot of GTO elements are in it like Takamura's faces (the manga was made 10 years before GTO's so it can't be a rip off of Onizkua's faces) are kind of like Onizuka's when he is in shock and so on. Plus, Takagi Wataru, the seiyuu of Onizuka also plays a character in Hajime no Ippo, Aoki Masaru (the number 1 comic relief character). Even though the fights are just boxing, they are very intense and hardcore, and at times they can be very emotional (especially Kimura vs. Mashiba). It has a huge cast of characters and in due time, they are equally developed.

The physics most of the time are realistic (with the excemption of Mashiba whose flicker jabs do get a little exagerrated) are relies a lot on the sole basics of boxing, and beautifully turns into an action anime.
If you havn't seen it watch berserk, you can't not like that series, unless your gay or something...
Berserk anime had it's moments, but is nothing compared to the manga. Better yet, I personally saw the anime as just a 25 episode advertisement for the manga after reading it.
[COLOR=Pink]I have to agree the manga does own all mostly becuase they don't have to edit anything out so it can air on tv.