Import Anime Forums

Full Version: The hidden meaning...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Share with us a hidden easteregg or an overlooked tidbit of story that for whatever reason was hidden from/overlooked by the gamers, that you find is interesting.

Example: Easter Egg

In StarOcean 3 one of the characters, Adray, summons and throws large objects at the enemies for one of his attacks. Two of objects he might summon are the cannon built by Dr.Leon from SO2 and a block of ice, with Joseph's frozen sister inside it, from SO1.

Example: Story tidbit

For some reason, many of my RL friends who played FF8 never picked up on the fact that Squall was Laguna's son. Laguna knocks up Raine without knowing it, then runs off to become a journalist. When he returns, he found out that Raine died (probley durring childbirth), and then tracks down Squall and Ellone at an orphanage, but finds Ellone was kidnapped. He persues her to the Estar kingdom, where he saves the day and becomes president. If you go into the airship's warroom, where Laguna is staying, just before you crash the airship into Pandora Lunitica, Ward, as translated by Keros, will tell you that "You got your mom's eyes and your dad's hair" or something simular. That was the point that it clicked with me. It's nice when a game hides such an important plot point like that so well. Players of kingdom hearts will notice that Squall has Laguna hair now.

So, does anyone else got some interesting tidbits of video game triva to share?
darkanx Wrote:For some reason, many of my RL friends who played FF8 never picked up on the fact that Squall was Laguna's son.

Are you serious? That was so obvious!

Well, I don't know if many people here are aware but FFX-2 (and FFX) is in fact a prequel to FFVII. A lot has been speculated about this but the simple fact that these games are related was mentioned by a member of the game's creative team and published on a magazine in Japan. In fact, whomever played FFX-2 to the fullest could easily see the connections.
On the thing about Squalls family, I've played FFVIII like 5 or 6 times and it wasn't until like the last time I played that I found that out, probably cause actually talking to people is one of the things I hate about RPG's.

And I have 100% on FFX-2 so yeah I figured that out as well.

One thing that I didn't pick up on until the last time I played Legend of Dragoon was in the final cinema, Dart goes to a house and then there is a glass with ice in it. I thought it was a waste and didn't even pay attention to it, when I figured it out, it was really sad. During the carnival at the trading town on the first disc, Lavitz tells Dart not to ignore a good thing just because it has always been there, or something like that (He was referring to Shanna). And then said he would take a couple of drinks as payment for this advice when everything was over. He of course is killed not long after that. The CG was Dart going back to Lavitz mom's house and leaving him the drinks. Looking back, that was unquestionably the BEST written part of the game.
It was sad when Lavitz died. =/ He was awesome.
Cidien Wrote:It was sad when Lavitz died. =/ He was awesome.

One thing about that game was that I think it actually had good characters that where trapped in a crappy story. If the story would have fleshed them out more, as well as focused more on them, I think the game could have really gotten some respect that it doesn?t get a lot of the time.

And yeah, it sucked when he died; he was my favorite character. Sad
Mine too right away, course they killed him so early it's hard to call him my favorite character overall... =/

I thought the story was pretty good, but yes it coulda been better. Have you heard about a legend of dragoon 2 game being made? I read a long time ago (probably about a year ago at very least) in a legit magazine they were working on lod2. It's been so long i'm having my doubts. When I read that I decided to finish the first one right away. I had been stuck on a boss (that lady with the jet pack) and after being killed 5 times I hadn't played the game in months. Of course the very first time I pick it up again I kill her right away. For some reason she didn't do her unfair super 1 shot party kill move. That was such a bad boss encounter. The only way they possibly lived is if they had full health - and only if I had my high health characters in there.

That brings up another question. Which characters did you fight with? I never once used shauna and after the first chapter or two I stopped using rose and any other low health people because they just simply died too fast. A boss attack that hurt the party pretty bad would instead ko one of them. =/ Which was too bad because rose was pretty cool, I liked fighting with her.
Cidien Wrote:Mine too right away, course they killed him so early it's hard to call him my favorite character overall... =/

I thought the story was pretty good, but yes it coulda been better. Have you heard about a legend of dragoon 2 game being made? I read a long time ago (probably about a year ago at very least) in a legit magazine they were working on lod2. It's been so long i'm having my doubts. When I read that I decided to finish the first one right away. I had been stuck on a boss (that lady with the jet pack) and after being killed 5 times I hadn't played the game in months. Of course the very first time I pick it up again I kill her right away. For some reason she didn't do her unfair super 1 shot party kill move. That was such a bad boss encounter. The only way they possibly lived is if they had full health - and only if I had my high health characters in there.

That brings up another question. Which characters did you fight with? I never once used shauna and after the first chapter or two I stopped using rose and any other low health people because they just simply died too fast. A boss attack that hurt the party pretty bad would instead ko one of them. =/ Which was too bad because rose was pretty cool, I liked fighting with her.

One thing I always do in my RPGs is make sure that all of my characters are basically at

the same level. That way it gives me more of a challenge. By the way Cidien,wait until

you beat the game my favorite part was getting the Divine Dragoon Armor, which to me

has a sort of Scwarzeneggerish look to it. Its still tight though.
Now this is a extremely hard one to pick up on.

In FF11, all the other characters in the game are actully other people playing the same game, at the same time, on whats called the "Internet" aka "Infromation Super-Highway" aka "Cyber Space". Ive also have done some investigation at mt local library, is not really a "Net" or a "Highway" or located in "Space".

What will they think of next. Matbe a way to turn on your lights by clapping your hands(nah it will never happen).
surfrider777 Wrote:Now this is a extremely hard one to pick up on.

In FF11, all the other characters in the game are actully other people playing the same game, at the same time, on whats called the "Internet" aka "Infromation Super-Highway" aka "Cyber Space". Ive also have done some investigation at mt local library, is not really a "Net" or a "Highway" or located in "Space".

What will they think of next. Matbe a way to turn on your lights by clapping your hands(nah it will never happen).

but they have already done that. I think its called clap on or clapomatic. How could you

not know about that?
besides a guy named cid being in every final fantasy (not sur bout the gameboy games) but other then that not really anything on the top of my mind but im sure i could think of some stuff
Easter Egg: Breath of Fire (SNES maybe the GBA) to find Chun-li in the basement you have to talk to the guy upstairs and answer his questions, no, no , no and yes(I believe)

Story tidbid: Besides Cid being in all the Final Fantasy games they also put in Biggs and Wedge (from Star Wars). This tidbid is my favorite though in Final Fantasy 3 (VI), Shadow, in his past life was know as Clyde Arrowny, he keeps having dreams about abandoning his dying thief partner after the biggest heist, and because of his shame leaving his town with his pregnant wife behind. He killed off his emotions and became an assasin for hire, now he travels the world with his dog interceptor looking for jobs. Relm is the granddaughter of Strago, tags along with him as her mother died years earlier and her father fled Thamasa before her birth. There is an item during the game called the "Momento Ring". This item is listed as having the love of your departed mother. It can only be worn by Relm, being found in her house...or can it? Try equipping it to Shadow, and you'll see that you can. Why would that work unless they were connected some how? There are 5 sets of dreams and the 5th dream gives away something of an interesting secret. But, in order to get it you must have saved Shadow first and had all four dreams in the world of balance. Once you have him go and save Relm. Once your done you'll be sleeping in Thamasa, where the dream for Shadow takes place. In his dream you see him talking to a dog and he says: "You came to fetch me...but I won't be coming back. I want you and the girl to live in a peaceful world...(but the dog will not leave)". Now, the game requires you to play through more than once to get the whole story...and this is a reason why. If you do not get shadow first and get Relm instead, Relm will be in the bed where Shadow should have been. She will have a dream now, and in that dream Relm is with Strago in the house and a dog is also present...Shadow's (Clyde's) dog. Strago is upset about something) Relm: "Where is father? Will he ever come back?" (Strago then sends the dog to go and get Clyde). By far my favorite sidequest of any game ever. That is why to me Final Fantasy 3 (VI) will be the greatest game RPG ever.
evilomar Wrote:This tidbid is my favorite though in Final Fantasy 3 (VI), Shadow, in his past life was know as Clyde Arrowny, he keeps having dreams about abandoning his dying thief partner after the biggest heist, and because of his shame leaving his town with his pregnant wife behind...

Damn, that was a good one. I could never beat FF3 but it was always my favorite 2D RPG.
Good story evilomar. Did you find that out on your own?

I'm planning on going through some snes rpg's like the ff stuff and chrono trigger once I find out how to save on my ps2 (anyone have experience with snes station?).

So this is part 6 in the US?

Ohh and Ryo, your kiddin me right? Surfridder is joking.
elcoholic Wrote:Good story evilomar. Did you find that out on your own?

Oh yeah bro, it wouldn't have been fun if I didn't do it and figure it out myself. You should play it, its just one of the many sidequest, but my favorite by far. Blight, my man you need to beat this game its great and you'll thank yourself for it.
elcoholic Wrote:Ohh and Ryo, your kiddin me right? Surfridder is joking.

Actually I thought she was serious. You mean she actually knew about that?
Pages: 1 2