Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Why did Cartoon Network bring back Big O?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That show is so horrible. Why oh why did they waste valuable space on Adult Swim with that junk??
Big O is awesome. I don't watch adult swim so I don't really care, but the show is good.
Big O is good i mean it's really deep so you have to watch it a few times to catch everything but it was good bebop is good trigun is good but i think those two are toonami but they really need to get rid of super milk chan, sealab 2021 and tom goes to the mayor. I understand that some people find these shows enertaining but even if that is true they could put better stuff on and im not going to say those shows suck but i mean put some better anime on or some better shows i get my stupidity fill with family guy and futurama but come on 5 shows with the same kinda stuff. it's getting old
I dig the animation, I think its great. Viewers demanded more Big O, so Cartoon Network put up money for a second season. I don't see how they call shows like Tom goes to the Mayor art, that kind of crap pisses me off. Go learn to draw frame by frame animation you lazy fucks!
evilomar Wrote:I dig the animation, I think its great. Viewers demanded more Big O, so Cartoon Network put up money for a second season. I don't see how they call shows like Tom goes to the Mayor art, that kind of crap pisses me off. Go learn to draw frame by frame animation you lazy fucks!

Ha ha ha ha, LMAO! I hate that damn show. About the only one I like that they have more recently got is Venture Brothers. Some episodes are blah, but others have made me clench my but to not crap my pants laughing. And I also like Big O, but the attitude that the maniac has is shared by a lot of people.
Cartoon Network is known for bad shows as of late. Sealab was good but that's gone down hill, Venture Brothers and ATHF are airing reruns so that's boring and Milk Chan?s quality has gone down into the pits and has failed to get out with the recent episodes. To put it simple the only things I actually watch on Adult Swim are Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist since as I said Milk Chan?s starting to suck and Tom Goes to the Mayor is simply trash. Big O isn?t all that great but it could be worse that worthless Case Closed crap could be on?.
Cyrus Wrote:Big O is good i mean it's really deep so you have to watch it a few times to catch everything but it was good bebop is good trigun is good but i think those two are toonami but they really need to get rid of super milk chan, sealab 2021 and tom goes to the mayor. I understand that some people find these shows enertaining but even if that is true they could put better stuff on and im not going to say those shows suck but i mean put some better anime on or some better shows i get my stupidity fill with family guy and futurama but come on 5 shows with the same kinda stuff. it's getting old

Go back to the first grade and learn two things please. First, learn what a run-on sentence is please. Second, learn how to use periods.

Tom goes to the mayor will probably be gone soon as I havn't heard a single person anywhere say anything good about the show. Surprisingly I really like venture bros. I rarely watch tv but I like to watch that when it's on.
Relatively high ratings. The majority rules in this case. Notice how Bebop and Trigun are quite popular in the US and their style is more western.
I would be first to say Big-O isn't the best anime I have ever watched or ended up getting but it by far not the worst thing eather. It is one of them dry shows that you eather love or hate. It reminds me of the old 20s 30s black and white police dramas in a way. It is just a matter of perception of weather or not it is a good series or not
it never went away it has just changed time slots a lot. they said that the sereis was very popular , also a alot of people wanted them to do a 3rd season ( which is funny cause they cant, they dont own the rights, and also Sunrise inc. made it in japan not [adult swim] many stupid people think they did.)

Its a good show if you can get into it.
Go read the [adult swim] forums they have a lot of info on shows and upcoming shows. i dont remember the number but they go throgh a lot of shows every week to decide which ones to air or to produce so there are a lot of new shows coming they just use up liscences before they do anything new.

-LE
At one time I did watch cartoon network but they f***ed that channel completly now. Venture bros is as good as a Yoko Ono movie and I would rather commit suicide than watch one of her movies. Big O is a decent series but like dragon ball z the end was dragged out and left you with an empty feeling. All that just to find out that the whole thing was a holographic computer program showing the end of mankind running over and over was frustrating. But for some reason I still like it. Sealab has its moments but overall is not very funny. The only show I watch cartoon network is Super Milk Chan, that show is really wierd but very entertaining.
The first season of sealab was great. I think the writers ran out of material after that. Either that or someone needs to buy them some more weed, cuz their new stuff isn't very funny.
Big O didn't do very well in Japan, so it only ran 13 episodes and was canceled in 1999. It did better in the US, so in 2002/3 Cartoon Network put up the cash to produce a second season. So in the end if you want to see a third season you should probably ask the people willing to pay for it, not the people who draw it (as some stupid people think).
As for my opinion of Adult Swim, I like Big O, but not enought to watch regularly. There are still episodes I havent seen. Sealab really has gone down hill, which is sad because in the begining it was my favorite. Venture Bros. was in re-runs to see it ratings would stay high enough to greenlight season 2, which I think the have but Im not sure. I love odd/non traditional animation. So I am glad they gave Tom a chance, too bad only 3 out of 10 lines are funny. Milk-chan has good oneping credits. My fingers are crossed for Robot Chicken.
WandererX12 Wrote:Big O didn't do very well in Japan, so it only ran 13 episodes and was canceled in 1999. It did better in the US, so in 2002/3 Cartoon Network put up the cash to produce a second season. So in the end if you want to see a third season you should probably ask the people willing to pay for it, not the people who draw it (as some stupid people think).
As for my opinion of Adult Swim, I like Big O, but not enought to watch regularly. There are still episodes I havent seen. Sealab really has gone down hill, which is sad because in the begining it was my favorite. Venture Bros. was in re-runs to see it ratings would stay high enough to greenlight season 2, which I think the have but Im not sure. I love odd/non traditional animation. So I am glad they gave Tom a chance, too bad only 3 out of 10 lines are funny. Milk-chan has good oneping credits. My fingers are crossed for Robot Chicken.
Robot Chicken looks hilarious if for no reason other than the Jesus Doll pulling a Kill Bill on a room full of Rabis lol...