Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Doom 3 Delay!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So has everyone heard that the xbox version for Doom 3 has been delayed a month. That really sucks cause I just reserved the collectors version. This for me has been a long awaited game. Just as much as the new GC Zelda. It would seem that Gran Turismo 4 is finally locked in but without liscenced cars from Ferrari, porsche, Lamborgini it still has no appeal to me.

P.S.- everyone avoid the new starfox game and Goldeneye rogue agent.
That sucks, still what's another month when I've been waiting years already.

</sigh>
geo85 Wrote:So has everyone heard that the xbox version for Doom 3 has been delayed a month. That really sucks cause I just reserved the collectors version. This for me has been a long awaited game. Just as much as the new GC Zelda. It would seem that Gran Turismo 4 is finally locked in but without liscenced cars from Ferrari, porsche, Lamborgini it still has no appeal to me.

P.S.- everyone avoid the new starfox game and Goldeneye rogue agent.

Why should I avoid the new star fox game? I'm sure the on foot missions will suck but i've been waiting for more arwing action for years.
sad to say that i think doom 3 will probibly be the only 3d shooter that is better on xbox, when i went through it on PC it had a defenate console feel (especially with the 4 player max in multiplayer)
LOL!!!! I agree on the staying away from Rogue Agent. That's one of the first games ever where i nearly fell asleep in the middle of playing. It's just THAT boring!!!!

I have no interest in the new star fox. And since i don't even own an x-box, i really don't care for Doom3 being delayed :p

Lastly, Nintendo said that we'll be 'lucky' if we even see the new Zelda by the end of this year. But I think that was in reference to the US release. The japanese one probably WILL be out late this year.
geo85 Wrote:So has everyone heard that the xbox version for Doom 3 has been delayed a month. That really sucks cause I just reserved the collectors version. This for me has been a long awaited game.

You haven't waited that long, I waited four years for Magic Knight Rayearth to come out on the Sega Saturn.
I will wait as long as I have to for the new zelda. The new starfox might have good arwing action but its nothing new at all and the foot missions will cause serious migranes, serious ones. Developers need to start working a bit harder, lately all i am seeing besides paper mario and re4 is garbage.
and likewise I actually stopped playing rogue agent after the first 2o minutes and returned it, its not even demo quality.
The Beta for Xbox has been leaked for quite a while now...

and by heck i cant get over how they managed to keep the graphics nearly as good as the original...amazing conversion...that has gotta piss of the peops who updated their graphics cards just to play it...

i still cant get how they managed to get Doom3 graohics running on what is essentially a beefed up Geforce3???
Its 2 things.. Its called Optimimizing for Hardware.. And 2nd its called much lower screen resolution..

There is no way in hell the xbox could run it in 1600x1200 with full graphics.. and thats why i upgraded my Graphics card so i could play it at that level.. Nothing lower.. So i personally don't think the Xbox can even compare to when you play it on that quality level.

Just curious does it support HDTV resolutions at all?

Also what does everyone say its a beefed up Geforce 3? it came out before the Geforce 3 and Geforce 3 used technology they learned in building it and added it to a GeForce 3.. So in essence its inferior to the GeForce 3. and more of a beefed up Geforce 2?
Soz dad :p Wink...
i personally didnt really know or care what beefed up Geforce teh Xbox was based on..that what i thought it was but didnt really go out my way to find out if i was wrong or right

and yeah playing it on a PC monitor is something else but still you gotta see it run on the Xbox its shocking (reminded me on how developers got a quake2 conversion to run smoothly on the PS1 which also shocked me back in 1999) wo0t Optimisation

Plus i'd like to add its an overhyped game!
I did some readinds.. and the Xbox's graphics is closer to a Geforce 3 then it is a Geforce 2.. But it still came before it.. I have also read though that newer Xbox's have Geforce 3's in them.. So this might be why..
believe me after playing doom 3 you will be like it really wasn't worth the waiting

let me just say i am a huge fan of doom 1, 2, final,ultimate and whatever played and mastered all of them and i loved them from the start

I played the new doom and i was like well this seems pretty cool at first and eventually got bored and stopped playing it completely.

I loved everything bout the earlier dooms and i was really exicted for the new one and it was one of the biggest dissapointments for games in a long time other then probally suikoden 3 which has it's place it's just too different from the original for me.

The new doom would be a lot better but after a while its like your doing the exact same things again and again and you get pretty bored.

Just warning you guys and gals you will want to try this out on demo or something before you buy it even if you gotta play it on PC right now or rent it when it hits x box i know many people who have been dissapointed