Import Anime Forums

Full Version: PlayStation 3 to be unveiled before E3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two great PS3 articles in one day.

-----------------------------

"American Sony reps confirm that there will be an event to premiere its next-generation system before the May game-industry convention. "

Last year, Sony announced it would debut its next-generation console--most commonly called the PlayStation 3--at the 2005 E3 games expo. The event will take place May 18 to 20 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, and will also be where the world will get the first glimpse of Nintendo's next-generation console, code-named "Revolution." With it now looking unlikely that Microsoft will unveil the Xbox's successor at next month's Game Developers' Conference in San Francisco, industry-watchers had been betting it will also first see the light of day at E3.

However, now it appears those bets may not be such a sure thing. Sony Computer Entertainment America representatives have confirmed to GameSpot that the US subsidiary of the Japanese electronics giant "will have an event to premier [its] next-generation system" before E3.

SCEA reps would reveal little else about the PlayStation 3 unveiling other than saying it would not be at GDC. "The premiere event has nothing to do with GDC," said one. "The event will be before E3, but the date is still not announced."

Sony's disclosure about the PlayStation 3 premiere came just hours after it officially took the wraps off the Cell processor, which the PS3 will use, at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference in San Francisco. For a full run-down on the Cell processor's capabilities, check out GameSpot Hardware's feature on the chip.

----------------------------------

Wow i cant wait to see this !
now the console war is getting interesting, looks like there will be 3 contenders this holiday season. will all 3 be out this X-mas???

-LE
I'm interested to see how different these new consoles are going to be from the previous generations. We haven't had a very large leap in current graphics capabilities so how much better are the new graphics going to be? If they don't improve the graphics a LOT then it will be the first time in history that the new generation of consoles don't amazingly outperform the previous models. I mean look at the generations of Nintendos. You can look at a screen shot from a nintendo game and know instantly which generation of Nintendo it came from.

I just hope that they have something up their sleaves that we don't know about yet.
its more i think whats under the hood with this new console war. also what more it can do then just play games like dvd playback and also maybe even tivo type hardware to record tv. also hwo they perform , they will probaly be able to process more data which means more in games and maybe CGmovie capibility graphic wise while playing the game not just cutting in and out.

the storm this system war brings is coming very soon.

-LE
Thats the problem LE.. The current generation of Consoles is fully able to do everything you have just stated..

Also for your Info LE Xbox next or what ever they call it probably won't have TV recording feature's as thats where the Windows Media Center edition PC comes into play especially with Xbox extensions so you can play your recorded movies from Windows Media Center on your Xbox.

2nd Sony released a Playstation / DVR already in Japan so that people wouldn't expect them to put it into the Ps3 as you can already pick that up. So don't expect that at all either..

Truthfully i don't think we will see a huge jump in how games look with the new consoles. The gaming world has really hit a "pleateu" of the looks of games and i don't think we will see anything in quailty jump as we are used to seeing in the past. Personally i am not going to hold my breath for anything truely revolutionary in the next gen. Just will be the same thing just with larger numbers..
I think the extra processing power can be applied to change the scope of games. The thing that annoyed me about FFX, and it was the only thing, was that the world felt very enclosed. If you can take a world that would be full 3D (no rendered backgrounds) put it in the more open style of FF games like 7&8 then you would really have something. Even the GTA games would benefit. The most annoying part of those games is when you fall through an F'ing bridge or something. With the extra power, imagine what could be done.
The Maniac Wrote:I'm interested to see how different these new consoles are going to be from the previous generations. We haven't had a very large leap in current graphics capabilities so how much better are the new graphics going to be? If they don't improve the graphics a LOT then it will be the first time in history that the new generation of consoles don't amazingly outperform the previous models. I mean look at the generations of Nintendos. You can look at a screen shot from a nintendo game and know instantly which generation of Nintendo it came from.

I just hope that they have something up their sleaves that we don't know about yet.

Are you joking? We've had the largest leap in graphics technology EVER in the history of computers in the last year.... the second largest being the voodoo to voodoo2 jump, which doesn't even compare....

The next gen consoles are going to be hugely improved over current consoles.
Schultz Wrote:Thats the problem LE.. The current generation of Consoles is fully able to do everything you have just stated..

Also for your Info LE Xbox next or what ever they call it probably won't have TV recording feature's as thats where the Windows Media Center edition PC comes into play especially with Xbox extensions so you can play your recorded movies from Windows Media Center on your Xbox.

2nd Sony released a Playstation / DVR already in Japan so that people wouldn't expect them to put it into the Ps3 as you can already pick that up. So don't expect that at all either..

Truthfully i don't think we will see a huge jump in how games look with the new consoles. The gaming world has really hit a "pleateu" of the looks of games and i don't think we will see anything in quailty jump as we are used to seeing in the past. Personally i am not going to hold my breath for anything truely revolutionary in the next gen. Just will be the same thing just with larger numbers..

Yeah i remember the PSX that was going to be released here but never picked up maybe it was the price, i was just saying it would be cool if they incorpated the feature into the new consoles making it an ultimate cosole that can do a lot more then past systems. like when the ps2 launched they had so much planned, music concerts with there 360' camera i remember that demo at E3 they filmed it with that camera and let you explore the booth also showed some demos of concerts recorded with that camera also some videos in a car where you could look around.

im just thinking if they want to make these new consoles new and diffrent they are going to experiment with new things and Tivo is hot and it might be apart of the new consoles, no one will know till they come out.

-LE
Im of the veiw that sony releasing the psx earlier on was to scope it out for the new consoles and whether its worthwhile.They will at least have some of the bugs worked out and incorporating it into ps3 may be a little easier because of it.I like you still dont believe they would actually do it though.Especially with their current views of joing the lhousehold together.I think the would more likely have addons or connections available for connection between appliances to get the same effect.
From what i read they will NOT incorperate any DVR thing into the Ps3. The Psx from what i remember reading didn't do well at all in japan.. Also with most all Cable companies starting to issues there own DVR's already there is no need to have another one on a gaming console.. thats what they are a GAMING console not a do it all and cook your breakfast in the morning console.. If you want a Media Center type thing then build yourself a computer to do it. You will have more control over it then. search for MythTV if you want to read about some Open source ones.. (but i think they are for Linux only)
Sony are apparently working on software for streaming across networks.So in theory at a hotspot you could watch your home tv on a psp.