Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Jackie Chan's New Police Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this movie in the mail Thursday night and watched in Friday (with like 10 interruptions from my parents) and watched it again yesterday (without any interruptions). This is defenitley Jackie Chan at his best. He also co-stars with Gen X Cops' Nicholas Tse. Though it's not at all connected to any of the original Police Story movies, it still shares that theme and gives the best Jackie Chan has to offer not only as a martial arts/stunt man, but as an actor as well.

The movie is about how Jackie Chan fails a mission by losing nine of his teammates and becomes an alcoholic. His new partner Frank Cheng (Nicholas Tse), is there to help him out and to bring him back on the police force. Because of how Jackie is dealing with his failures and losses, the police force does not want him back and Jackie and Frank are forced to be on their own as they uncover the identities fo those who killed Jackie's teammates and what their next target is.

It's a lot more darker than any of other Jackie Chan's movies and a whole lot more intense with the action. Some people will find the villians to be controversial due to their true identities, but even so, I thought the concept behind Joe and his gang of five were really an orignial idea despite how cheesy and unpredictable it was. I strongly reccomend it to anyone, especially to Jackie Chan's fans because this is most defenitley Jackie Chan at his best.
I have to give mad props to Nicholas' acting ability. I thought he was going to suck, because you know he is a pop star. However, he has really impressed me over the last few years, so I will definetely be checking this movie out, sounds interesting.
I'll have to check it out.

I own almost every single Jackie Chan movie made. Every time I see one in the store that I don't have I buy it. I've aquired quite a few over the years.
damn you must have 100's of JChan movies!!!

ive yet to watch the new police story but i know i'll enjoy it Big Grin