Import Anime Forums

Full Version: College Anime Club ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently transfered to a new college that has no anime club of any sort. I want to take the inititive to start one. My question is what legalities should I know about or keep in mind for showing copyrighted anime to a group. The other question I have is from any of you who might of taken part in anime clubs in the past or now, any ideas that worked and ones that didn't for keeping members interest and all that?
1) Go talk to your club person on campus to set up the club, whoever that is, and get a room reserved every week or something.
2) Email various companies and ask for permission to host viewings for whatever sets you want to show. Or you can just show them as nobody will ever know you didn't get permission. :p
3) Create a lot (A LOT) of flyers and put them all over campus - on every bulletin board that allows it. Try to start out with something good but not all that popular like X or GTO. By popular I mean don't show stuff everyone has seen like cowboy bebop.
4) If you can afford it get a few friends to chip in and offer free pizza to those who come for the first meeting then charge like $5 for admission to the club for each week to fund the pizza/pop and such.

That's basically what NDSU's anime club does and they are pretty succesful.