Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Favorite SNES game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This was inspired by the PlayStation thread below.

What is your favorite Super Nintendo game?

Mine would have to be Earthbound.
Second place goes to either Super Mario World or Super Mario Kart. I can't say which I loved more.
EASY!!! Super Metroid. Nothing else comes close. Well, possibly Chrono Trigger :p
Donkey Kong Country!
Super mario bros. 3

-LE
Chrono Trigger. Gets my vote for best game period. I'd love to see a true sequal. While Chrono Cross is a great game it seems like they just tied Chrono Trigger in at the last minute hoping to boost sales or something.
It was either Zelda, Link to the Past, or the Legend of Mana Games. Those were my

favorites.
Damn, memories are comming back. I needs to find me a SNES again.

Zelda link to the past is the best game (and best Zelda game overall) for me but I will never forget the first time I saw Super Mario World. It was the most beautiful game I had ever seen up till then. My jaws truelly hit the floor and got goosebumps all over. Ofcourse the friend where I watched it wouldn't let me play it so I sold everything that I could sell (incl. my NES) and bought me one of my own.
grrr i should go buy super metroid but um for me a game called metal warriors or chrono trigger
Let me see...

Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Megaman X
Mario All-Stars
Zelda: Link to The Past

Might add some more later if I can remember...
There are four games I still play from time to time on my SNES (yup... it's still hooked up).
Uni-Racer... one of the coolest racing/stunt games ever made.
Tetris Battle Gai-Den... not sure why this super cool version of Tetris was never officially imported
Tetris Attack... my wife and I play this one head to head
Super Bomberman... this is the real reason I have the SNES still hooked up. I have numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 (anybody have a number 4 they want to part with). The guys will come over from time to time and we have a bomberman drinking party... great fun for everyone.
Mario RPG
The Super Mario worlds are pretty good too.
Hey Zag-man my buddies and I drink and put money on Super Bomberman games as well, nice to see someone else still does that. We've got 1,2,3 and 4 never picked up 5. Now gosh Super Nes had some great titles, along with the best RPGs. My fondest memory is playing Secret of Mana, and yelling at two of my buddies because they couldn't heal the party on time. As far as favorite game I hate to admit it but damn Final Fantasy 3 (VI in Japan) was the fucking greatest Rpg of all time...LONG LIVE Locke Heart!!!! Anyway here are some runner ups in my book:

Breath of Fire, damn when I saw Chun Li in the game, I busted a nut!!!
Live a Live
Lufia 1 and 2
Super Mario All Stars and RPG.. finding Link sleeping on the bed was a nice touch.
Ogre Battle
Arcadia
Tales of Phantasia
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
X-men
Final Fantasy 2 and even Mystic Quest (damn that had some rockin' music for back then).
Mario Kart
Chrono Trigger the last good Rpg I ever played.
Battle Clash
Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia
i use to love playing super mario.
was donkey kong with snes. can't remember, its been too long.
Zagatto Wrote:There are four games I still play from time to time on my SNES (yup... it's still hooked up).
Uni-Racer... one of the coolest racing/stunt games ever made.
Tetris Battle Gai-Den... not sure why this super cool version of Tetris was never officially imported
Tetris Attack... my wife and I play this one head to head
Super Bomberman... this is the real reason I have the SNES still hooked up. I have numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 (anybody have a number 4 they want to part with). The guys will come over from time to time and we have a bomberman drinking party... great fun for everyone.

Bomberman for the snes is still one of the best multiplayer games out there. Hours of my life went into that games multiplayer lol. One of the few games I can say I played more multiplayer (a whole lot more) is goldeneye for the n64. I don't think any games multiplayer is as fun as that was.
Street Fighter 2. I never had an SNES but would go over to play SF2 at my cousins all the time. I got an emulator about 3 years ago for the SNES and played a lot of the old RPG?s and a lot of import stuff. But with the fond memories Street Fighter, it doesn?t matter how good the game was because the memories eclipse it.
Do you guys remember the price they wanted for SF2 when it was first released in the US? Over here they sold it for like 60% more than any other snes game. Normal games were like $70 and SF2 was $120 over here. Didn't matter cause everyone still bought it. It was the first game for me to bring the arcades into the living room. I spend days playing that game.
Pages: 1 2 3