Import Anime Forums

Full Version: E-Bay oh How I Hate Thee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God damn E-Bay has locked my account yet again for some supposed security bullshit. This time they just based it on some supposed trash and it's really becoming irritating. E-Bay is truly starting to become a pain in the ass and I can see why so many truly hate it. Has anyone else been this cursed by this kind of bullshit!?
Nope... never locked my account.... then again... I have 100% Positive feedback, and over 100 feedback score.
Psygnius Wrote:Nope... never locked my account.... then again... I have 100% Positive feedback, and over 100 feedback score.

They did this a few months back and I posted about it here. That time some asshole got into my account and listed something so they ended that and locked my account till I contacted them. This time they locked it for supposed security reasons as I said. But the question is why does this keep happening? Is it the same son of a bitch? Blah such a pain...
Can't you just create a new account or do you have alot of good feedback on the old one or something.
Never had any problems with ebay.
just problems with sellers.
like mr. sphiatt never buy from him ! he always sends the wrong item i have talked to 3 people recently that have had this problem and now im one i bought 2 R1 sets of abenobashi and he sends me one HK copy, 1 !!! i bought two and they werent hk versions they were the ADV boxsets. this guy is a scammer.

-LE
There is a scam goingusing ebay name... it says that somebody else is using your account so you need to verify your account again, but when I click on the link to verify my credit card, I typed it some random password it let me in and asked for all my credit card info... BEWARE OF THIS SCAM..... I ASKED EBAY administrator and they said that it's a spoof and I'm lucky coz my friend had this e-mail before and he told me...The spoof e-mail looks all legit and it even has ebay logo on it and link to ebay login website.
Sphiatt is pretty good as long as you intentionally buy HK stuff from him. Course when I was buying from him he wasn't selling all the scammer crap he sells now. I've wondered for a while what you would get if you bought those $200 or whatever Cowboy Bebop metal box sets....

And yes ebay and paypal both suck. First don't EVER sign up for paypal buyer credit. That was a nightmare. Damn customer service people don't know what the hell they are doing. Now they kinda have it fixed. I had them set my balance to $0 so I owed nothing to them and they gave me $10 in credit. Well now I get bills for $0 owed every month with that $10 credit on it. That'll be nice to keep getting forever....

Ebay mostly sucks because of crappy buyers and the very little protection you have from them. Paypal sucks if you don't always get a tracking number (including to other countries if you send there) because they can file a claim against you saying they never got the goods. This is an easy way to scam people if you're evil. You can only do it twice a year, but if you get a big order for like $100 and you notice there's no tracking on it you can make a claim saying you never got the package and get your $100 back as well. What a bastard of a company. Guess it would kill them to allow the sellers a couple sentences to explain what happened rather than one line to input a tracking number...

As if they couldn't afford to hire more customer service people.... they have to be making a killing.
luna_va I have heard about all those E-Bay/Paypal E-Mail scams that people try to pull off because my brother has gotten E-Mails like that before. I never have though which means im pretty lucky in that aspect.

Cidien Hiatt screwed up even with an HK order he can't handle the issues that LE had with his site or E-Bay it seems. It took close to a month just to get a response on his mistake. At the moment I still have no clue what the hell is going on with him and trying to fix this has been a real nightmare. The details were extremely simple too ship one item and he got the item wrong. Supposedly he was going to or did ship the right item out but I don't know that for a fact yet. Still just a major pain and I know after this I won't do business with him again.

What you said about E-Bay/Paypal is true though you can get scammed if you don't get a tracking #. Basically if your not gonna get a tracking # you shouldnt bother it's too risky with the crap people pull...

I E-Mailed E-Bay and that way is pretty much useless their response was basically the same bullshit that's posted on the website that tells you to go to live help. Did that once before fixed it that way last time and I tried this time but got tired of waiting. The biggest question though is how the hell this keeps happening. As I have said I don't get bogus E-Mails. So any ideas of how the hell it can keep happening? Only I have is that it could have had something to do with the virus that was on my old Harddrive. I think it was a virus anyways but I couldnt get rid of it easily that's all I know.
I don't suppose you've tried going in and changing your Ebay password? For one, it would have to update your account, and for another, if someone does have access to your account because they've gotten your password via whatever means, it would keep them out of it, which also means they couldn't do anything with your account to mess it up.

Or if you really want to be thorough... you could close out your Ebay account and set up a new one. You would lose your feedback... but if you are having that much trouble with your account, it might be the best solution.

Just a side note, since you mentioned you had a virus, are you running any type of firewall protection to keep unathorized access from your computer and all of your stored passwords?
Amethyst Wrote:I don't suppose you've tried going in and changing your Ebay password? For one, it would have to update your account, and for another, if someone does have access to your account because they've gotten your password via whatever means, it would keep them out of it, which also means they couldn't do anything with your account to mess it up.

Or if you really want to be thorough... you could close out your Ebay account and set up a new one. You would lose your feedback... but if you are having that much trouble with your account, it might be the best solution.

Just a side note, since you mentioned you had a virus, are you running any type of firewall protection to keep unathorized access from your computer and all of your stored passwords?

Well I just got it fixed and changed the password. I do have a firewall BTW as well as an anti virus. I am pretty sure one of two things caused it and it could have been from two different computers but it's hard to say. Anyways that's one more problem out of the way...
Puppet Master Wrote:Well I just got it fixed and changed the password. I do have a firewall BTW as well as an anti virus. I am pretty sure one of two things caused it and it could have been from two different computers but it's hard to say. Anyways that's one more problem out of the way...

How about anti-spam software? laugh... anyway, glad you got it fixed... and Everybody else don't fall for any email from Ebay or Pay Pal wanting you to click on a link in the email (Definite NO NO! NEVER click on a link in an email no matter how official it looks like to log into your accounts!) and upgrade your account information... it is all SPAM to get your account information... and not from Ebay or Pay Pal!!!