Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Time Warner to Produce Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time Warner and Itochu Corp (C. Itoh & Co.) have announced that they will jointly produce new anime to be broadcast simultaneously on Cartoon Network in Japan and North America.

By April 2006, the joint venture is expected to be producing weekly episodes for three shows, at a budget of 20 million yen ($US 190,000) per episode, 20 to 50 percent higher than the current average budget for anime TV series. The added budget will be spent on higher-than-average quality animation using more animators and other staff than is typically used in anime.

By June 2005, the joint venture is expected to be set up with a fund of 3 billion yen (US$29 million) and will seek funding from other partners including broadcasters, animation studios, and toy manufacturers.

In addition to producing the anime, the companies expect to profit from the development and marketing of related merchandise. Guaranteed spots on the American and Japanese Cartoon Networks, combined with the worldwide popularity of anime, is expected to insure better than average returns on investment, enticing investors.

The anime series will also be marketed to international broadcasters in Europe and Asia.

I wonder what the series will be about and if it will really pick. They will really need something thats Pure Sublime. sound cool though i think this is the first of its kind to air here and in japan at the same time, i wonder if its going to be subbed or dubbed??

-LE
What's the source?
I would expect it to be dubbed in the states. If it's a "higher quality animation", I'm assuming they'll be CGing the art, doing so will allow the animation to be easily relip-synched to the appropriate dialogue. Besides, why worry about if it's gonna be dubbed or subbed? That really doesn't have that much relevance to whether the show will be good or not.... unless they said it was 4Kids instead of Time Warner.
If it's on U.S. tv it will be english spoken. If it's on Japanese tv it will be japanese dialogue.
Source : http://www.nikkei.co.jp/ and Animenewsnetwork

I think if they wanted to make it a hit here they would have to have it dubbed.

-LE
Last Exile means he copied it from this article in ANN...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6072