Import Anime Forums

Full Version: GITS: SAC R1's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know if a box is planned to hold all these? I hate when they don't release a box or don't release one right away. =/ Gonna start collecting them and wanna know whether I should thinpak them or let them stand out until they release a box.
I wouldn't be surprised if the last volumes 'special edition' came with the box. Since i seriously think they're starting to run out of ideas for the 'special editions' of this series.

Box or no box, it doesn't matter to me. Since I have the spines facing out anyway, you wouldn't even see the box.
desfunk Wrote:Box or no box, it doesn't matter to me. Since I have the spines facing out anyway, you wouldn't even see the box.
That always poses a problem for me. I always have spines out, and prefer my shelves to be uniform, but whats good is a nice box if you can't see it? I think when I finish cleaning my room and re-organize my shelves I'll turn my boxes box side out... I should really start applying myself to more important matters.
I think if they released a box at the last volume it would be kinda too late right? I mean pratically ALL anime series release boxes on their first volume. Mmm. I think Manga is probably still new at this realeasing anime series thing still...I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining special editions were just all t-shirts...have you seen the upcoming cover arts? Why didn't they make t-shirts out of the first and second volume?? :mad:
There are several series that release the box at the end. Some series are broken up so they release boxes with the 4th and 7/8th volume.
Dustball Wrote:I think if they released a box at the last volume it would be kinda too late right? I mean pratically ALL anime series release boxes on their first volume. Mmm. I think Manga is probably still new at this realeasing anime series thing still...I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining special editions were just all t-shirts...have you seen the upcoming cover arts? Why didn't they make t-shirts out of the first and second volume?? :mad:

I think they'd just much rather give out soundtracks then boxes. What's the point of releasing a box at the beginning anyway? So that you can have a giant open area for dust?

I don't think they're doing anymore t-shirts either. I think they're gonna try something new with each different volume. Too bad I have no idea what is left. Unless they give out those ultra cute gashapon figures that are floating around (that go for like $30-$40 on ebay).

I'm actually impressed that they've been keeping all the official cover art though. Its nice to at least see some company care.
desfunk Wrote:I think they'd just much rather give out soundtracks then boxes. What's the point of releasing a box at the beginning anyway? So that you can have a giant open area for dust?
Aside from dust, if I havent seen a series yet, which is likely if I'm buying volume one, I don't want to spend the extra money on a box I might not care to fill. They need to stop realeasing bonus goodies with volume one, and start with any volume after that. That way fans get the extras, and people who wanted to try the series out aren't left with more crap they don't like or kicking themselves because they bought the no frills edition.
WandererX12 Wrote:Aside from dust, if I havent seen a series yet, which is likely if I'm buying volume one, I don't want to spend the extra money on a box I might not care to fill. They need to stop realeasing bonus goodies with volume one, and start with any volume after that. That way fans get the extras, and people who wanted to try the series out aren't left with more crap they don't like or kicking themselves because they bought the no frills edition.

So sell it on ebay right away. When it's new you'll get almost all your money back anyways.
There probably will be a box with the last SE volume. They ran out of things to use for them, so two more are going to have T-shirts. That's not a problem with me, I like shirts, but when they have the opporitunity to release something else, they will.

As for me, I'm with the rest. A box is useless to me.