Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Once Again I Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok, so I went throug a little money scare, but now I have my cash back up. I was never able to put in my last order to Joe because everytime before going to get a money order I would check back here & find out one of the things I wanted had sold out, so now instead of getting a few movies I'm looking for a series between 3-5 disc. I was thinking about one of te G Gundam sets, but it's about to be finished up on Cartoon Network/Toonami.
My other choice was Lupin III vol 1.

I was looking for something with a dubbed, but as you can see subs only are just fine.
Please advise me in my time of need. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well there is Maison Ikkoku at 10 discs. But you need to enjoy romantic comedy. Which for me isn't really that difficult. :mrgreen:

The subs are decent on GTO. It's 43 episodes on 5 discs. Overall very funny show, I'm episode 26. :mrgreen:
I agree with the GTO comment it is a very good show and it has the length you desire. 8O 8O
Listen to Kakoi. He knows his stuff. Though he still doesn't know to buy a Ninja Gaiden fansub when it's only $6.99. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It was a moment of sheer stupidity. It will never happen again ever. I want to make my way back there soon and try to pick it up. Hopefully someone else has not jumped on it by now. 8O 8O
It's like chum in a shark tank. It'll be eaten by the time you get back. :mrgreen:
GET TEKKAMAN BLADE!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
It's 5 discs. :twisted: Action Packed. :twisted: The subtitles are PHENOMINAL!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: And It's 49 episodes!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
It was 45$ at www.animeniacs.net!!! :twisted: I don't know if they have it here. Cry I should have looked before typing. Cry sorry Cry
What is GTO, I hear people talknig about it, but don't know what that means.

Also is Tekkaman Blade something like the old Snes game?

Another thing I'm try to keep my choice as cheap as possible, I'm having to use my upgrade computer funds to place this order Sad

But, I'm sure the more I spend the happier I'll be. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
GTO = Great Teacher Onizuka

GTO, aka Great Teacher Onizuka, is the hilarious action-comedy runaway hit from Japan that is based on the hugely popular GTO Manga Series by Tohru Fujisawa. The GTO live action drama series was one of the most watched TV programs ever in Japan. Meet Eikichi Onizuka, a 22-year-old virgin and ex-biker. He's crude, foul-mouthed, and has a hair-trigger temper. His goal: to be the greatest high school teacher in the world! GTO is the story of Onizuka, a former motorcycle gang member who becomes a teacher to make a difference. Using his street smarts to deal with colleagues, students and troublemakers, Onizuka finds that he too has many lessons to learn!
Get GTO. It's 43 episodes, and I'm on episode 32. I watched most of it like nothing. I sit down to watch a couple of episodes and have an all kink out night of 9 episodes. :mrgreen:
I was telling my friend about that series a few months ago or so, but never put two & two together. :?
So I'm greatly considering GTO, but which company should I go with?
That is something that I want to know as well. Which set is the best? Have they fixed that problem they were having with the subtitles? The subtitle thing dosen't bother me but GTO is a series I was planning on watching with my brother. He understands like zero japanese so it would bring down his enjoyment a little. This series is worth every penny. Do any of you know if they are going to bring out live action GTO? 8O 8O 8O
The AV subs are decent. Though hey use chinese names(except Onizuka) and they run off the screen a lot. Overall decent though very far from perfect. Though the meaning comes across. The subs are fixed. I didn't notice any re-used subs up to episode 32.
ok any different suggestions, it sounds like a good show, but I'm a little slow so, getting up with the subs may be a problem for me.

So any other series?
Well that would be my suggestion. Inu Yasha Box 1 would work fine too. That series rocks too. :mrgreen:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5