Import Anime Forums

Full Version: ???? Rumors ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey i have some more rumors that sound good !

---------------------------

Previously all but unheard of, 4 Color Rebellion became the center of a lot of attention this week when it published an account from someone who claimed to be present during a Nintendo shareholders meeting. At said meeting, officials from the House of Mario reportedly showed off the next-gen "Revolution" console. The witness said the final name of the console will be the "Nintendo 21," and it will hit the market at the end of this year. It will have a "Home Game function" co-developed with Kyocera which uses an IEEE protocol to wirelessly "locate and communicate with other Nintendo 21s in the vicinity" as well as unspecified handheld game devices. The 21 will also have a pressure-sensitive controller which allows for DS-style rubbing on either the buttons or the grip. For media, the console will use a two-sided disc, 5.4GB-capacity disc with a UMD-esque shell case, and will be inserted into the top of the GameCube-esque machine. The unit will also have a digital A/V outputs and sport an N64-esque logo. The witness even drew a picture of what he recalled (pictured), with notations in Japanese. Interesting? Definitely. Authentic? Who knows? Nintendo wouldn?t comment, so it looks like gamers will have to wait until E3 for the 411 on the Nintendo 21.

--------------------------------------------

nice info !
what do you think?

-LE

Taken from Gamespot.com
here is the drawing from this mystery witness.

-LE
I would say it is most assuredly BS. What a weak name too
maybe they are gearing it towards an older croud and now that this system is 21 it can drink ! It would help i think to maybe bring more T and M rated games to the console. maybe they will gear this for older gamers, and still support the cube for the kids. who knows E3 is only a few months away and then we will see.

-LE
To be honest, the best thing they could do for the next system, is hold off on the new LoZ game and make it a launch title. That would totally piss me off cause I don?t want to buy a new system at launch price, but I have to admit, I wouldn?t think twice about getting it if that was the course of action they chose to take.
To bad The Legend Of Zelda is coming out 6/1/05 !
i hope they have some killer games at launch if not its going to be hard to say how well it will sell with gamers. systems these days dont launch with a lot of games they just pull the backwards compatible card and then its fine if they just launch 5 games with the system , but it isnt if they are all 3rd party games and have no replay value what so ever.

-LE
The 21 most likely refers to the 21st century. The horrible name lends credibility to it being legit, because...well, nitendo sucks at naming systems. I love the guy who drew the picture. If it is real, I hope it really does have

NINTEN
DO21

printed just like that on the top.

The logo is looking more and more like a hellraiser box. Nintendo's true face finally begins to show itself.

Well, interesting rumor, but my personal opinion based on this info is it is false or an early mockup. But in the end, who really cares anyway. How many more times can you play mario, zelda, and metroid (okay, will admit that metroid is recieving a refreshing upgrade lately)?
The rubbing thing similar to the ds is pretty obvious. C'mon, people at nintendo have eluded to it at least once, and it was leaked as well earlier. Well, the leak eluded to it also, but it was obvious. I have no doubt that part is true. What I want Nintendo to do is get a controller similar to xbox/ps2 so I don't have to change how I hold a controller every time I switch systems.
The 6/1/05 date for Zelda is BS. It's just a 'time frame' date. In all honesty, I bet it won't be out til LATE LATE this year, and that's in Japan. Then again, they could pull what alot of ps2 companies do, and the game is probably finished. They just aren't leaking anything about it (konami likes to do it ALOT, and so does square)

One month you hear about a game, the next month it's out on shelves.

As for the system rumors. I believe alot of what is said, because it just SOUNDS legit. Even the horribly named system makes sense.
desfunk Wrote:The 6/1/05 date for Zelda is BS. It's just a 'time frame' date. In all honesty, I bet it won't be out til LATE LATE this year, and that's in Japan. Then again, they could pull what alot of ps2 companies do, and the game is probably finished. They just aren't leaking anything about it (konami likes to do it ALOT, and so does square)

One month you hear about a game, the next month it's out on shelves.

As for the system rumors. I believe alot of what is said, because it just SOUNDS legit. Even the horribly named system makes sense.

Did someone call me? Too Legit...Too Legit to Quit!!! Hey Heeyyy, Tooo Legiiitt!

Anyway I hope most of it isn't true. Nintendo 21 is not that good a name.besides it would

be confusing as there is a Nintendo 64 and that came first. Maybe for a launch title they

will come out with anotheer Matrix game or something similar to the Matrix. I mean the

code name is Revolution after all. Also Nintendo doesn't suck at naming, or they have at

least improved. I mean Gamecune had a better ring to it than Dolphin. I believe it will be

a blunt name is all. For instance Gamecube, its cube shaped and you play games on it.

Simple, no If you think about it most systems are named sort of like that. Thats all I have

to say for now.
Dolphi was just its "Codename" which all systems have that.. I mean hell Windows 98 was codenamed Memphi, Windows XP was codenamed Whistler and Longhorn is the codename for the next Windows.. Also Dolphin was derived because the processor that IBM developed was named Flipper that was put into the GameCube.. also the Nintendo 64 was called Ultra 64 before it was released.. ;o) So they all do a name change before they came out.

But i can't wait for some hard facts on this system.. i don't belive 2nd hand information at all.
[Image: secret.gif]

???????????????????
see the bottom caption... seems like something is real what do you think ?

http://www.nintendo21.com

Could this be just a front page to throw people off?
who knows?

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:???????????????????
see the bottom caption... seems like something is real what do you think ?

http://www.nintendo21.com

Could this be just a front page to throw people off?
who knows?

-LE
Last Exile research stuff you post..
Whois on nintendo21.com
---
Registrant:
danke hiroshi
pB 5346
prefecture akihara, Akita 44-6584
Japan

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: NINTENDO21.COM
Created on: 27-Jan-05
Expires on: 27-Jan-06
Last Updated on: 27-Jan-05

Administrative Contact:
hiroshi, danke [email protected]
pB 5346
Japan
Technical Contact:
hiroshi, danke [email protected]
pB 5346
Japan

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK19.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK20.SECURESERVER.NET

This is a fake.. and the guy is obviously gonna try and get money outta nintendo if they do pick that name.

Btw this is the whois for nintendo.com
Registrant: Make this info private
Nintendo of America Inc. (21660894O)
4820 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
US
Phone: 999 999 9999
Fax: 999 999 9999

Domain Name: NINTENDO.COM

Administrative Contact :
Melton, Scott
(EDLAFZKQQI)
[email protected]
4820 150TH AVE NE
REDMOND, WA 98052-5111
US
Phone: 425-882-2040
Fax: 425-882-3585

Technical Contact :
Lambert, Dan
(VVYAKTUQOI)
[email protected]
48 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
US
Phone: 425-861-25

Record expires on 11-Jan-2014
Record created on 10-Jan-1995
Database last updated on 02-Sep-2004

;o)

Another thing you can do a easy whois on any domain
http://www.networksolutions.com
click teh whois tab at top and type in the domain you wish.
I knew it was fake WITHOUT even doing any of that whois stuff.

Why? Because if it was an official nintendo site, the logo wouldn't look like crap. And there wouldn't be GOOGLE ADS all over the place.
Well thats the problem for me.. I don't see teh google ads because i have AdBlock put into Firefox which blocks all that. So all i see is the one logo.. But that is another point..
Pages: 1 2