Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Humanitys Purpose?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ryujin, I call them the same, but as I've been violently told by the few Catholics that live here, they're not the same, not at all. Same beliefs, different name, different status, although I'd assume you might also try to convince me Pentacostal is pretty much the same, cause as far as I've ever been told there's only one difference their other than name.
As to back to your comment i'll admit I mostly put Catholics in there right before hitting submit just so I could poke fun at them. Most God fearing religious people hate satanist & pagans & the sort, so I pass the hate back.

They sit there & say it's against their beliefs to judge, then tell us we're going to Hell; I hope they know, by their own religion they'll be burning right besides us Big Grin

As to balthier, I assume you're calling the atheists satanic, because I beleive to have expressed myself as Cathanic.

"Do problems penetrate your mental progress?"
Ha, I've broken down so many times from stress it's not even funny. I've even once beleived I was possesed by a demon sent to do the work of God. You know what I learned from all my time of being "crazy"? I learned to respect people who are different & their beliefs.

"Do they overwhelm you emotionally?"
I've studied practices of the mind for nearly as many years as I've been alive, emotions (all of them) are controlable without the help of a god.

"Is your mental build so fragile that you can't help but emotionally be controlled by the actions done upon you throughout your life?"
Abuse a child & they're likely to abuse someone else, that's not evil, that's more of animal nature.

"Can I intimidate you with my beliefs?"
No offense, but I'm nearly to the point of laughing at your beliefs.

"Does it threaten your beliefs in a way in which you MUST reply to my post?"
I think you replied to mine as well -_-; we fight for what we beleive, not because we're unsure of what we beleive, but because it IS what we believe.

"Or does it shut your mind into denile and automatically make you quit reading this to ignore my thoughts out of fear I could create doubts in your mind about your own beliefs?"

You could only wish as to be so lucky..I have my religion, one that someone can't disprove like 50% of it with science & then point out 80% of it is taken from religions that exsisted before it.
Batz Kage Wrote:Ryujin, I call them the same, but as I've been violently told by the few Catholics that live here, they're not the same, not at all. Same beliefs, different name, different status, although I'd assume you might also try to convince me Pentacostal is pretty much the same, cause as far as I've ever been told there's only one difference their other than name.
As to back to your comment i'll admit I mostly put Catholics in there right before hitting submit just so I could poke fun at them. Most God fearing religious people hate satanist & pagans & the sort, so I pass the hate back.

They sit there & say it's against their beliefs to judge, then tell us we're going to Hell; I hope they know, by their own religion they'll be burning right besides us Big Grin

As to balthier, I assume you're calling the atheists satanic, because I beleive to have expressed myself as Cathanic.

"Do problems penetrate your mental progress?"
Ha, I've broken down so many times from stress it's not even funny. I've even once beleived I was possesed by a demon sent to do the work of God. You know what I learned from all my time of being "crazy"? I learned to respect people who are different & their beliefs.

"Do they overwhelm you emotionally?"
I've studied practices of the mind for nearly as many years as I've been alive, emotions (all of them) are controlable without the help of a god.

"Is your mental build so fragile that you can't help but emotionally be controlled by the actions done upon you throughout your life?"
Abuse a child & they're likely to abuse someone else, that's not evil, that's more of animal nature.

"Can I intimidate you with my beliefs?"
No offense, but I'm nearly to the point of laughing at your beliefs.

"Does it threaten your beliefs in a way in which you MUST reply to my post?"
I think you replied to mine as well -_-; we fight for what we beleive, not because we're unsure of what we beleive, but because it IS what we believe.

"Or does it shut your mind into denile and automatically make you quit reading this to ignore my thoughts out of fear I could create doubts in your mind about your own beliefs?"

You could only wish as to be so lucky..I have my religion, one that someone can't disprove like 50% of it with science & then point out 80% of it is taken from religions that exsisted before it.

To answer your question, I don't think atheists are satanic I just think MOST are carnal and in a sense controlled by satan. However you must understand how I view satan, not as a being but as negative emotions that travel in and out of the human mind through action; like a chain reaction. Good being the exact opposite.

Overall well done with answering my questions Big Grin
balthier Wrote:Overall well done with answering my questions Big Grin
Well, I could argue the satan comment, as in my religion, "Lucifer" is not evil, but is stead I'll jsut say: Thanks Tongue

Mostly becuase I'm sure Ryujin will return to argue with me in a bit -_-
balthier Wrote:I bet ya most christians would say my beliefs aren't christian. And second I could care less if you believe what I believe, and the ending statement was just to sum up any and all replies to my post to verify I understand exactly how humans react.
Just what we need, a know-it-all Christian.... Rolleyes . You think I am controlled by satan? So pretty much, I've got a little red dude controlling my brain from the center of the earth? Normally, I would say something like "Jesus fuckin' Christ, who the hell dropped you on your head?" but that sounds kinda pun-ish in this situation :p . Honestly, you outta hear some of the filth coming out of your mouth, though.
onizuka17711 Wrote:Just what we need, a know-it-all Christian.... Rolleyes . You think I am controlled by satan? So pretty much, I've got a little red dude controlling my brain from the center of the earth? Normally, I would say something like "Jesus fuckin' Christ, who the hell dropped you on your head?" but that sounds kinda pun-ish in this situation :p . Honestly, you outta hear some of the filth coming out of your mouth, though.

Maybe you should read my last post on how I view satan before you start percieving me like this.
I'm not going to "argue" with you or anything Batz, I was just pointing something out. Because by definition Catholics ARE christian, in fact the 1st Christians. All of the religions that are "Christian" all stemed from Catholosism originally, which in turn stemed from Jewdaeism(or however your spell it) etc etc... There are obviously differences in all of the religions, but they all believe in Christ (except Jews) hence they are Christian, simple as that, that IS the definition of it. Now people within thses brackets may want to distanc ethemselves from each other, but it doesent change the overall belief structure

Peronally I have no religion, and if other people want to have a religion then that is fine, I won't try to force my point of view on them, but when people try to force theirs on everyone else and say dumb stuff like your going to hell then even my policies won't hold me back for long. Balthier, count yourself lucky...
Ryujin Wrote:I'm not going to "argue" with you or anything Batz, I was just pointing something out. Because by definition Catholics ARE christian, in fact the 1st Christians. All of the religions that are "Christian" all stemed from Catholosism originally, which in turn stemed from Jewdaeism(or however your spell it) etc etc... There are obviously differences in all of the religions, but they all believe in Christ (except Jews) hence they are Christian, simple as that, that IS the definition of it. Now people within thses brackets may want to distanc ethemselves from each other, but it doesent change the overall belief structure

Peronally I have no religion, and if other people want to have a religion then that is fine, I won't try to force my point of view on them, but when people try to force theirs on everyone else and say dumb stuff like your going to hell then even my policies won't hold me back for long. Balthier, count yourself lucky...

First off by stating my opinion how is that forcing it on anyone? Everyone has the right to choose to believe it or not, there is no force involved. Second I didn't tell anyone they were going to hell did i? Quote the part, maybe you misunderstood.
balthier Wrote:I bet ya most christians would say my beliefs aren't christian. And second I could care less if you believe what I believe, and the ending statement was just to sum up any and all replies to my post to verify I understand exactly how humans react.

I didn't mean to say you specificly but most Christians DO try to push there beliefs on everyone else. What the hell are your beliefs anyway? You seem to be changing what you say at every post. And just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I'm controled by "negative emotions" or whatever.
balthier Wrote:That is cool with me, I believe alot of churches are just for show anyways. And sorry I assumed you didn't believe in god it just felt that way after reading the satan worshipper's post and then seeing you say something about us having no free will...

Anyways gl with your own interpretations, just some advice... the wise learn from their mistakes... the wiser learn from other's mistakes.

Yes but the WISEST Learn from others mistakes as well as their own...
I've just read this entire thread and I think this discussion isn't going anywhere. Why? Because when it comes to religion the most one can and should do is give one's opinion because trying to change other people's minds just makes them stubbornly hold on to their beliefs. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in gods or devils or anything of the sort and as I've said before even if a god was to show itself to me it wouldn't make any difference. I'd believe it's existence to be true but I wouldn't woship it or anything, I'd have no reason to do so. That said, I respect other people's beliefs. As far as I'm concerned people are free to believe whatever they want. It's true many religious institutions have done a lot of wrong things throughout the ages but that doesn't justify persecuting it's members. The only thing that saddens me is how blind and closeminded many religious people are, doing absurd things in their religion's name.
Oh and Balthier, atheists are no more carnal than any other person. Being a believer doesn't make a person any less materialistic and lustful as you can easily see just by looking around yourself.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Oh and Balthier, atheists are no more carnal than any other person. Being a believer doesn't make a person any less materialistic and lustful as you can easily see just by looking around yourself.
True, Pope something or other Bull was said to be possesed by Satan..
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I've just read this entire thread and I think this discussion isn't going anywhere. Why? Because when it comes to religion the most one can and should do is give one's opinion because trying to change other people's minds just makes them stubbornly hold on to their beliefs. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in gods or devils or anything of the sort and as I've said before even if a god was to show itself to me it wouldn't make any difference. I'd believe it's existence to be true but I wouldn't woship it or anything, I'd have no reason to do so. That said, I respect other people's beliefs. As far as I'm concerned people are free to believe whatever they want. It's true many religious institutions have done a lot of wrong things throughout the ages but that doesn't justify persecuting it's members. The only thing that saddens me is how blind and closeminded many religious people are, doing absurd things in their religion's name.
Oh and Balthier, atheists are no more carnal than any other person. Being a believer doesn't make a person any less materialistic and lustful as you can easily see just by looking around yourself.

Yeah you're absolutely right. All because someone says they're a christian doesn't mean they "follow" christianity. If they did they wouldnt be lustful or materialistic but ya know what? They are. Thats why I stated earlier only 90% (i dont know the exact amount but VERY FEW) actually follow their religion, including priests and all those high up religious people.

I don't go to church or worship, but I have christian beliefs and at the same time I translate the bibles symbolism in to something different then what "regular christians" are taught in church. I think taking the bible literal is stupid and blindly believing it means you are flawed, because if you go and "blindly" believe the first thing that is taught to you, you could be making a mistake, especially if you keep on blindly believing things only to be shocked and have a nervous break down when you realize the harsh truth.

I guess what I meant about atheists being carnal is.. atheists "beliefs" are selfish, because they want the proof and facts to everything before they believe anything to be true. Carnal meaning controlled by ones emotions... well if you have to experience things to believe them I'd say you're controlled by emotions. If there is a force driving you that isn't directly related to "how you momentarily feel" then you are beyond carnal. Alot of religious people are just as selfish as athiests if not more selfish, but they are hypocrites to the doctrines of their religion.
balthier Wrote:Yeah you're absolutely right. All because someone says they're a christian doesn't mean they "follow" christianity. If they did they wouldnt be lustful or materialistic but ya know what? They are. Thats why I stated earlier only 90% (i dont know the exact amount but VERY FEW) actually follow their religion, including priests and all those high up religious people.

I don't go to church or worship, but I have christian beliefs and at the same time I translate the bibles symbolism in to something different then what "regular christians" are taught in church. I think taking the bible literal is stupid and blindly believing it means you are flawed, because if you go and "blindly" believe the first thing that is taught to you, you could be making a mistake, especially if you keep on blindly believing things only to be shocked and have a nervous break down when you realize the harsh truth.

I guess what I meant about atheists being carnal is.. atheists "beliefs" are selfish, because they want the proof and facts to everything before they believe anything to be true. Carnal meaning controlled by ones emotions... well if you have to experience things to believe them I'd say you're controlled by emotions. If there is a force driving you that isn't directly related to "how you momentarily feel" then you are beyond carnal. Alot of religious people are just as selfish as athiests if not more selfish, but they are hypocrites to the doctrines of their religion.
And what's wrong with living by emotion? My life is my own, so I will live it for myself and for no one else. And how exactly is being materialistic or lustful selfish? How is doing what I want with my life hurting anybody else?
Because if everyone in the world was like you there would be no peace. Why should we trade you oil for only $100,000 monthly? We want $300,000. Selfishness... which is how nations lead to war. You are actually concieted enough to ask why LOL The world CANNOT live in peace with selfishness and if you would prefer a chaotic and selfish world well you're going to get it and only then you'll realize its not worth being selfish.

If you are selfless, you will think of how other people feel, you will try to understand what it's like to be in their position and then you will act accordingly instead of acting like an animal that is after the first thing that it desires.

The more selfish you are the closer you are to an animal. Maybe that's why you believe humans are like animals. And thats why I believe we are more then just the pinocle of animalistic evolution, because I can move past the carnal reaction of things and take in other people's situations before contrasting my self to them and hating them for it.

As I'm sure you would instantly hate someone that accidently hits your car bumper at a stop light. And it could be possible that person has 3 kids in the back of the car screaming and he just spilled coffee all over the place while being stressed out all day long from going through a divorce. Do selfish athiests that go by THEIR emotions stop and think of other people's situations before acting with their first emotions? Hell no, you go by your emotions and anyone would get pissed off when someone that doesnt pay attention hits your car. Someone like me wouldn't care all that much until they find out exactly why they hit them and that it truly doesn't matter much, life is too short to waste time getting upset over that. Now if the person is a drunk athiest that hit my car i'm sure it would be 100% "morally correct" to knock them flat on their ass, because people like that get others killed.
balthier Wrote:Because if everyone in the world was like you there would be no peace. Why should we trade you oil for only $100,000 monthly? We want $300,000. Selfishness... which is how nations lead to war. You are actually concieted enough to ask why LOL The world CANNOT live in peace with selfishness and if you would prefer a chaotic and selfish world well you're going to get it and only then you'll realize its not worth being selfish.

If you are selfless, you will think of how other people feel, you will try to understand what it's like to be in their position and then you will act accordingly instead of acting like an animal that is after the first thing that it desires.

The more selfish you are the closer you are to an animal. Maybe that's why you believe humans are like animals. And thats why I believe we are more then just the pinocle of animalistic evolution, because I can move past the carnal reaction of things and take in other people's situations before contrasting my self to them and hating them for it.

As I'm sure you would instantly hate someone that accidently hits your car bumper at a stop light. And it could be possible that person has 3 kids in the back of the car screaming and he just spilled coffee all over the place while being stressed out all day long from going through a divorce. Do selfish athiests that go by THEIR emotions stop and think of other people's situations before acting with their first emotions? Hell no, you go by your emotions and anyone would get pissed off when someone that doesnt pay attention hits your car. Someone like me wouldn't care all that much until they find out exactly why they hit them and that it truly doesn't matter much, life is too short to waste time getting upset over that. Now if the person is a drunk athiest that hit my car i'm sure it would be 100% "morally correct" to knock them flat on their ass, because people like that get others killed.

Atheists aren't the only jerks around. My entire life almost every "Christian" I've met has

been a jerk to me. Now I believe that once in a while we are all jerks but the ones we

must woorry about are the ones who are like that all the time. Now I guess I'm finally

meeting some true Christians here but just like all Christians aren't jerks, all atheists

aren't jerks either. Course I have only met one atheist so far (Onizuka) and he seems to

be alright. Anyway you are correct Balthier we can't let our emotions rule us, but we can't

ignore them either. Anyway just wanted to point that out to you. Here I go pulling an

Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures but: One More Thing be carful you don't start

stereo typing. Thats all I have to say.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6