Import Anime Forums

Full Version: HK Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2 Questions do the people who make HK dvds usually make a series dubbed dvd when the US version is released and how long does it usually take them to make it I have a few series that i would like dubbed in HK and is it safe to buy HK off ebay ive seen alot of dvds that arnt listed here?
Request em here and NO ONE knows when they are released it depends on the series popularity for one. But there are more factors...
I don't have any request im just wondering how long it takes the Hk people to copy a US dubbed series I want SAC and the US dvds are almost done.
Ok your question about E-Bay is what made me think that...
Yeah theres a whole bunch of HK there that ive never seen here and i don't want to buy something and import it all the way from HK to find out its some crappy dvd-rs.
Quote: i don't want to buy something and import it all the way from HK to find out its some crappy dvd-rs.

Actually, the HK DVDs are professionally-made, just like regular DVDs. The usual suspects use professional-grade media, especially for DVD-9's (double-layered DVDs). DVD-Rs (and similar), are only for home computers and DVD recorders.

Where eBay is comcerned, some dealers (especially on this side of the ocean) offer anime on DVD-Rs (mainly fansubs). While the quality of this may vary, eBay tends to take fansub sales even less likely than the HKs, especially since there are unscrupulous types that do rip a HK or R1 DVD to DVD-R, and sell it as the "real McCoy" (more or less) on eBay.

You may want to do a little more homework on this one. If you still need help in determining which dealer or title is good or bad, feel free to ask us.
Slizerzak Wrote:I don't have any request im just wondering how long it takes the Hk people to copy a US dubbed series I want SAC and the US dvds are almost done.

SAC is nowhere near done being released.
Slizerzak Wrote:Yeah theres a whole bunch of HK there that ive never seen here and i don't want to buy something and import it all the way from HK to find out its some crappy dvd-rs.

If a hk set is on ebay and its not available here JJ can get it as long as its FX or MAC. But beware since ebay has been flooded lately with even cheaper sets. These are dvd5's (single layer) and contain 4/5 eps per disc and often come in 6 disc gatefolds. These are ripped from other HK sets made by MI/AV etc and badly compressed. Good example's are the one piece sets. ep 1-30 6dvd's etc. They are cheap but if you want quality don't get these.

I don't use ebay for HK's. You never know what you'll get (the chance of getting dvd-r's is always present) and more often than not its more expensive than buying here. If you're after dubbed sets than just keep checking in here. Whenever a new R1 rip is made it never takes IA long to stock it Smile
Ebay isn't dangerous whatsoever as long as you don't take risks. Fine sellers who sell a lot of titles. Then look at their feedback. That simple. If you're buying from someone who only has like 10 feedback then you take a risk or getting dvd-r's or something. I know in one case r00ster got ripped off by a guy I was thinking about buying from that same day. He had some (not a lot) good feedback, but it was all left by stupid buyers that didn't even realize they bought bootlegs until r00ster emailed them and told them.
Quote:Good example's are the one piece sets. ep 1-30 6dvd's etc. They are cheap but if you want quality don't get these.

Are those the Chinese sets? Someone mentioned that not only were they ripped from the MI/AV sets, the publishers also added a moving "bug" (on-screen logo) of their company every few minutes -- which was just enough to say "no" to this set.
Here's two sets ive seen on ebay but not here look good but I really don't know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...77153&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...17926&rd=1

They both have similar box art as my ROD complete and GITS sac but my ROD complete only has 3 dvds. Im trying to replace my ROD complete it has some bad subs and 2nd cd is really bad in my dvd drive.
4 discs in the first one is wierd. The GITS one looks like the MI release. Don't buy it until it's released in english the subs suck in all releases. The HK subbers suck it up again. Idiots just don't realize how much more money they would make if they just spent a little to pay a decent translator to do it.
Cidien Wrote:SAC is nowhere near done being released.

Yeah, i was gonna say the same thing. The series won't be fully out on dvd yet until june (or july?). It's one of those two.

As for that SAC set you posted the ebay link to. I have NO CLUE what set that is.

Also, you gotta love how these people sell the discs for so cheap, then put these INSANE shipping costs on it. It would NOT cost $15 to ship a 3dvd package to Canada. I'll tell you that :p
rugrats1 Wrote:Are those the Chinese sets? Someone mentioned that not only were they ripped from the MI/AV sets, the publishers also added a moving "bug" (on-screen logo) of their company every few minutes -- which was just enough to say "no" to this set.

Thats them. Its not to bad. Quality sucks but I paid like $30 for ep. 1-120 incl. shipping and if you know one piece you'll know its worh it. What an awesome anime.
The Gold Logo Gits Set looks like AV... but can't be sure. The seller seems to have Mac & FX stuff too.

The mainland china sets are hard to comment on as there are simply so many companies. In general they tend to be below the MI / AV standard. Often it is hard to tell the difference between licensed mainland China stuff and the pirated stuff as the licensed stuff might have even cheaper packaging. Tongue
Pages: 1 2