Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Is Animeshop trustworthy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I ordered $420 from animeshop worth in anime (ALOT huh?) If anyone has traded with animeshop and you know they're legit plz lemme know so i don't worry too much about getting ripped off. Thanks

Btw i just tried sending animeshop a email and i got one of those Failure to deliver messages...
There's no reason to think otherwise is there? He/she has been here for some time and if a trade would have gone wrong we would have heard about it by now (or atleast I would hope so).
Plus Animeshop posted a picture of herself in one of the threads.... Now that you know what she looks like, if she doesn't send her stuff, you can always hunt her down. j/k
I haven't bought anything from her.. but she bought a dvd from me. She paid right after we made a deal, using paypal. She was really nice and friendly, had great communication. She was a great buyer.
Next time ask this question before you blow half a grand.
Cidien Wrote:Next time ask this question before you blow half a grand.
LOL

I wonder what Animeshop thinks about this thread.
Animeshop hasn't been online for 3 days, since 30 seconds after I sent payment... and the email she gave me doesn't work. I get "Failure To Deliver" Notice, also the PMs I sent animeshop on here haven't been read yet by her (you can check if they've been opened yet in control panel) Anyways if Animeshop comes through I will love her forever and always buy from her... but she said she would give me tracking info the next day and well it's been 3... how hard is it to send a email with what's going on?
If you Paypaled your money to her, I'd give her two weeks at most to respond (actually 10 days should be enough). It could be that there was some emergency or something, or maybe her computer gave out. If she doesn't give you an explanation by then, you can contact Paypal to get your money back, as long as it's within 30 days. So don't fret too much.
Ok, so paypal guarantees money back if she doesn't ship the order? Even though I paid with my non-verified ? Didn't get shipping insurance? If so that is a relief...

I was browsing and animeshop has been here a while... her email is linked to her website and she hasn't checked the PMs on here... so it is possible her computer is down... but it is also possible she took my money and bought a new one.. lol.

4 days now (when she said she'd give tracking the next day and email me) so either it is an emergency that happened at the exact wrong time like computer failure / or something in real life but there is no other explanation.

I don't know if I can wait 10-14 days before doing that, I would like to re-order everything sooner if she isn't going to ship the large order I already placed.
Basically, how it works is that you make a request to Paypal, Paypal sends a note to Animestore, then Animestore has to respond with a justifiable reason as to why the shipment wasn't sent or provide proof that the item was sent, if she doesn't respond or Paypal doesn't think the reason is justifiable, you get your money back.

Aside from that, if you paid with a non-verifiable source, aka credit card, I believe there are two steps to the transaction, you sending the money, and Animestore actually clicking on "accept the money" because she has to pay fees for credit card orders in Paypal. Basically, I think you'll get an email saying something like a receipt of your transaction when she actually accepts it, or something like that. If she doesn't click "accept" by a certain number of days, I THINK you get your money back and get something like "transaction was unsuccessful"
Psygnius Wrote:Basically, how it works is that you make a request to Paypal, Paypal sends a note to Animestore, then Animestore has to respond with a justifiable reason as to why the shipment wasn't sent or provide proof that the item was sent, if she doesn't respond or Paypal doesn't think the reason is justifiable, you get your money back.

Aside from that, if you paid with a non-verifiable source, aka credit card, I believe there are two steps to the transaction, you sending the money, and Animestore actually clicking on "accept the money" because she has to pay fees for credit card orders in Paypal. Basically, I think you'll get an email saying something like a receipt of your transaction when she actually accepts it, or something like that. If she doesn't click "accept" by a certain number of days, I THINK you get your money back and get something like "transaction was unsuccessful"

Actually it doesn't give you a chance to explain anything. They give you a spot to fill in a tracking number. I found this out the hard way. Paypal is run by bastards. What else does this mean? If you're a mean person and you order something from someone and they don't get a tracking number or any kind you can claim you never got it and get your money back and keep the items. Paypal pisses me off. I've basically alienated my Canada customers because I now have to send express mail when using ebay just so I have a tracking number. Most people don't wanna pay $20 for shipping. Once again, Paypal is run by assholes. And i'm not even gonna get into my paypal buyer credit shit that went on...
"
Quote:Aside from that, if you paid with a non-verifiable source, aka credit card, I believe there are two steps to the transaction, you sending the money, and Animestore actually clicking on "accept the money" because she has to pay fees for credit card orders in Paypal. Basically, I think you'll get an email saying something like a receipt of your transaction when she actually accepts it, or something like that. If she doesn't click "accept" by a certain number of days, I THINK you get your money back and get something like "transaction was unsuccessful"

I paid by credit card and she accepted it before logging off. Does that mean I can't get my money back if she withdrew the money from her account?
It doesn't matter whether she is verified or not. The most important thing is that you paid via CC.
It's always the best to pay via CC if you don't know the other party well enough and they do not have enough successful sale/trade history for you to feel safe with.
If complaint via Paypal fails, contact CC company.
Thanks Jap
o_0

oh good god - emails, pm's, paypal disputes and a thread ... damn I must have really worried you - I am sooooo sorry. But I did explain I was having exams and was busy revising. Anyway you got the info, sent via email now - hope everything is ok now and that you don't call the police to come round my house Wink