Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Zagatto whines about reviews again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK... so I think I'm having some fun with my review of Heat Guy J by saying "a man should" just like J does in every episode. I made sure to mention the quality of everything in the review as well.

So why am I whining? Less than 12 hours after writing my review I have 3 not useful votes on my review. I wish I knew what it was that people wanted from a review.

If you've read my review and didn't like it, let me know what more information you'd want.

If you're sick of hearing me whine about this from time to time then you can make fun of me at will.
hey Zagatto, dont let it get to you, we gonna get rid of the usefulness rating thing, alot of great reviews and reviewers been rated badly, no other reason but just to put someone down.
Well, there's not much to say about a perfect release. Its just that if you haven't seen the show you won't understand the references made and you'll go like 'WTF is this guy talking about'.

I'd say the review is good. Some people don't respect originality.
I am sure that some people also say the review is 'not helpful' if they have some beef with you as well. Especially in connection to forum stuff.
I would never of given that a bad rating... The only bad ratings I give are for stuff that is one-word answers like "Good" and that's it. Or for an R1 rip when people write "No engrish" and nothing else and don't mention in their review if the set is R1 ripped or not so you're left feeling like they could be fansubs etc... What we need is a sort of comment box or something... I do think we should keep the ratings but I didn't know people were giving bad ones for no reason... Even if I didn?t like someone I wouldn?t give a bad rating because it's not fair to people who want to buy the set and aren?t sure if the review is correct or not. We need comment boxes so we can clear up confusion over sets that have two reviews each conflicting as well... Look at this one http://import-anime.com/review.php?item_id=1883 the guy who is like 'how crap!! this would be one of the worst subs i've seen so far!!' yet he still gives them three and a half stars while others give them four and a half!
Man I have seen that exact release so I know every thing you said in it was true without going in to the unnecessary detail of the story, since that is not what a HK release is about. I found it funny the way you reviewed it as well as being to the point.
Gave ya a positive. I only give bad ratings if 1) I've seen the dvd's and their review is WAY off from how the actual discs play or 2) They say something like THIS DISC IS FLAWLESS!! then they give the video rating like a 4. That bugs the crap out of me.

I thought your review was funny also.
Thanks for the support guys. It just threw me off seeing 3 negatives for the review in less than 12 hours. I actually had a good time writing that review. Heat Guy J is one of the best shows I've seen in a while.
dam thats just pure hateing from your enemies...though i doubt someone like you could have any Big Grin ...thast why i hardly ever review coz its not like your appreciated for the time and effort most if the time... and im a lazy mofo
damn should be revisin right now allready messed up a coupla exams...i pray i scraped by somehow!
Zagatto Wrote:Thanks for the support guys. It just threw me off seeing 3 negatives for the review in less than 12 hours. I actually had a good time writing that review. Heat Guy J is one of the best shows I've seen in a while.

Probably just ignorance from some people because there was no problem with your review quite honestly it was some what funny. So yeah just keep up the good work and ignore it?
Speaking of reviews look at the latest Inuyasha one http://import-anime.com/review.php?item_id=4238

Subtitle:
Good, simple and easy to read.

Yet only 3 stars!!!! Argh!
gubi-gubi Wrote:Speaking of reviews look at the latest Inuyasha one http://import-anime.com/review.php?item_id=4238

Subtitle:
Good, simple and easy to read.

Yet only 3 stars!!!! Argh!

That is dumb. I guess the letters have to dance across the screen like a flash or perform some kind of alphabet orgy to get a five.
Well, that looks like the kinda thing where they mis-clicked on it and meant to give it a different rating. All the stars start out on three and I almost did the same thing once. But I always double check my reviews to make sure I didn't miss anything, so I caught it. Just giving the benefit of the doubt. :p
I've also noticed that some people change the star rating based on the ANIME itself. So if they didn't like a series, they give it lower marks. Even though the star rating has nothing to do with the animes CONTENT.

Anyway, I enjoyed the Heat Guy J review. Especially after just watching the series.
Hey Joe would it just be better to change it so it lists how many time the review had been viewed, instead of who liked the review and who didn't?
Pages: 1 2