Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Any good anime & manga stores in Montreal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Next month in February, I'll be on vacation in Quebec, which, of course, includes Montreal (where I'll be flying in).

Since we had a nice discussion earlier regarding good anime and manga places in Toronto, are there any similar places in Montreal?

For anime, I'm talking about HKs, R1s, R2s (Japanese and European -- I got an R2-capable DVD player for Christmas), plus any places with a decent amount of French-language anime (which, I noticed on my last trip, there was a huge lack of).

For manga -- any place where there's a vast amount, in English, French and Japanese, new and used. And on a similar topic -- any place that sells a good amount of French BD books (other than "DeBeDe", which is a really nice BD store on St. Denis St.).

I'm already aware of the chain stores like Archambault, Renaud-Bray and Chapters.

Many thanks in advance.
There are plenty stores in Montreal that sells them, there's

Marche Clandestin - For buying manga, anime DVD, wallscroll, Asian Movies
Sci-Fi Anime - MatthewMalay goes there, There's Manga to buy, Anime DVD
Metro Video - Sells a variety of Anime DVD, Geneon and Bandai DVD more than 40$ each
Chinatown - Where I get my HK DVD's

We can see each other when you'll come and i'll show around the town
The first two stores are really more for anime DVD rentals than anything else.

As for french manga, Renaud Bray is the best I find, but selection of french manga will vary with each location but their website is great and it updates the inventory of each book at each location at a daily basis.

R2s, I haven't seen any, not only do you have the different regions, but Europe is PAL and Regie du Cinema can and are asses so my guess is that selling R2 DVDs isnt worthwhile.

Chinatown here sucks for HKs to be honest, Toronto is miles better for HK DVDs both in terms of price and selection.