Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anime genres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What genre of anime do you most perfer?
shoujo and comedy romances like maison ikkoku and kare kano.

Then it has to be fantasy action like escaflowne and berserk
1. Action
2. Adventure
3. Fighting
4. Comedy
5. Phantasy
1. Drama
2. Romance
3. Comedy
4. Adventure

I love shows from all genres though.
Mostly fantasy/sci-fi and sometimes comedy.
Not exactly a genre but truly dark anime than action, comedy and all that
Anything with badass fighting or that makes me laugh. It has become too hard to decide on anything exclusive to one genre.
Great fights is all I need. Comedy anime tends to make me depressed like Tenchi. It just doesn't go any were intelligent.
Black Howling Wrote:Great fights is all I need. Comedy anime tends to make me depressed like Tenchi. It just doesn't go any were intelligent.

And shows with great fights do always go somewhere intelligent? I've seen plenty of comedys that are intelligent! Ever read Excel Saga? The manga is much better than the anime. Most good comedy tends to elude morons tho.

1.Comedy
2.Romance
3.Action
4.Drama
5.Scifi/Fantasy

As far as Shounen an Shoujo go I'm not a particlarly big fan of either.
I don't remember him saying that action shows always went somewhere intelligent, don't put words in people's mouths (or anything else for that matter Wink)

As far as I can tell he was using Tenchi as an example, which I agree with and it is something that can be applied to most of the genre. Comedy anime are good, but they tend to have no purpose for the characters, they lack depth or a reason most of the time for doing anything and they mostly follow the same formulas over and over again, and with no particular progressive story that each episode is almost totally seperated from the others, meaning that you could watch one without the others and it would not matter. There is no direction to it, it doesn't build up to anything of any significance and the comedy, although funny its not exactly ultra clever or in any way intelligent.

Things that are obvious seem to elude morons Wink
Anything you don't see in regular movies.
Name the animes you think show "depth" and "intelligence".
I didn't put words in his mouth.
He said comedy doesn't go anywhere intelligent and that great fights were all he needed. Thus one might assume that animes with great fights did go somewhere intelligent in his opinion.

It seems obvious things really do elude morons. Wink
Ryujin Wrote:I don't remember him saying that action shows always went somewhere intelligent, don't put words in people's mouths (or anything else for that matter Wink)

Defending him AGAIN?
I love anime that is jaw dropping like Wonderful days or mix or different things like Outlaw Star with the Sci Fi and comedy