Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Where do you buy your HK anime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A store in my chinatown, I bought Appleseed 2004 (AV) and Macross Zero (AV) not long ago
I am willing to answer this.

Its because a while ago they made a few direct attacks against JJ and here. And besides that they set rules on there forums banning talk about us and other HK Sites.. Since those went hand and hand about the same time frame we just decided to ban there and only there site.. Since we don't mind people mentioning CJV and others especially if JJ is outta stock of something.
Haven't you guys tried to talk to it out and work out an agreement? Cause I kinda feel this is a misunderstanding between the two websites. *sorry for asking this question ;_;, but I was just wondering, please spare me.......*
Schultz Wrote:I am willing to answer this.

Its because a while ago they made a few direct attacks against JJ and here. And besides that they set rules on there forums banning talk about us and other HK Sites.. Since those went hand and hand about the same time frame we just decided to ban there and only there site.. Since we don't mind people mentioning CJV and others especially if JJ is outta stock of something.

Well if that's the case then their site owner is a jerk and I will not be making future purchases from them. Thanks for answering Schultz.
Cidien Wrote:Nobody is willing to answer this? If there is something about them people really hate i'd like to know so I can decide whether I ever want to support them in the future if they have a title I want nobody else has.
Cidien Wrote:Well if that's the case then their site owner is a jerk and I will not be making future purchases from them. Thanks for answering Schultz.

If you are really curious, read this thread. You will have a good idea as to what happened.
http://import-anime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454
Cidien Wrote:Well if they can't post the reason then i'm not gonna care I guess. /shrug

Still my fav site, but if IA and CJV are out of something they have i'll still buy from them if nobody will speak up.

I'm a mod there. I have nothing against them or IA.

I'd love to know what happened between the two, but neither Cashan nor JJ will ever say.
Cidien Wrote:Well if that's the case then their site owner is a jerk and I will not be making future purchases from them. Thanks for answering Schultz.

You can still order from them and it was a long while that happened. I do think JJ and Cashen have talked since then and are mutual atm only JJ can say that but they made a rule on there forums not to mention any other HK seller on there forums (i don't know if its still in effect or not as i don't care to visit there forums) but we just put it in place and have kept it there ever since. possibly Vicious can answer about the rule or not.

Quote: Haven't you guys tried to talk to it out and work out an agreement? Cause I kinda feel this is a misunderstanding between the two websites. *sorry for asking this question ;_;, but I was just wondering, please spare me.......*

Also there is "nothing to work out" it is done and it will stay. I don't want to bring new things up or anything about it.

I personaly don't like posting stuff like this because then it potentionally could bring back things exactly like Cidean. Do what you feel like doing, if you can't find something here then check CJV or there. then order it there.. Or if you could wait a while for JJ to order it and get it in for yea then make a request and wait.
I buy my anime here and here alone (except R1s of course) and I even got some of my friends to buy their anime here. I guess I've become very loyal to this website because if something's not available I'll just wait until it becomes available, and that's all because JJ provides an amazing service. If I'm happy shopping here why shop elsewhere?
Schultz Wrote:they made a rule on there forums not to mention any other HK seller on there forums (i don't know if its still in effect or not as i don't care to visit there forums) but we just put it in place and have kept it there ever since. possibly Vicious can answer about the rule or not.

Well, no sites are 'banned'. I simply don't see alot of talk of other sites on there. No one really asks. But that could be because the forums are basically dead there right now. But since I've been there, I haven't seen any instances of them banning talk of any other sites.

I really do wish their forums would liven up though. It's no fun being a mod if there's not much to mod. Sad
Vicious Wrote:Well, no sites are 'banned'. I simply don't see alot of talk of other sites on there. No one really asks. But that could be because the forums are basically dead there right now. But since I've been there, I haven't seen any instances of them banning talk of any other sites.

I really do wish their forums would liven up though. It's no fun being a mod if there's not much to mod. Sad
Well i remember seeing them mention that naming other sites are not allowed on the forums. It was a while ago.
Schultz Wrote:Well i remember seeing them mention that naming other sites are not allowed on the forums. It was a while ago.

Well, I just went and reread the forum rules and the only thing even close is regarding 'Advertisements':

"While these forums are free to all, they are still owned by ANIMEniacs.com. and therefore no type of advertisement will be acceptable whether in a post, signature, or profile unless given specific approval from one of the Moderators or Administrators."

But I believe that applies more to people posting annoying things in their sig like 'Click here' or making posts telling other users to go check out their site and stuff like that. I don't think it applies to mentioning another site in simple passing. But like I said, the forums have been kinda slow. Not many new users, so can't really test it.
Yea that more seems like 1 post hey new site check it out.. Kidna like Anime-Icon and a few other sites have done on ArcticNightfall's forums.. But then again even though forums seem dead now a days which kinda sucks.
bump Big Grin Cool
Pages: 1 2 3