Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally bought my first pc and have a internet connection now (I used to abuse the internet at work). Now I want to start ussing the wonder of the internet more, mainly downloading illegal shit.

I got some real nice sites from the suprnova thread so I'm set for my anime downloads.

Could you guys give me some places to get music (alot of it), movies and games (ps2/pc) from and maybe list some of the pros. and cons. of the sites. Also what do I need to watch out for in regards with viruses and all that security stuff when downloading?

I know next to nothing about pc's so please don't use to many technical references or explain them to me.

Thanks in advance Smile
elcoholic Wrote:I finally bought my first pc and have a internet connection now (I used to abuse the internet at work). Now I want to start ussing the wonder of the internet more, mainly downloading illegal shit.

I got some real nice sites from the suprnova thread so I'm set for my anime downloads.

Could you guys give me some places to get music (alot of it), movies and games (ps2/pc) from and maybe list some of the pros. and cons. of the sites. Also what do I need to watch out for in regards with viruses and all that security stuff when downloading?

I know next to nothing about pc's so please don't use to many technical references or explain them to me.

Thanks in advance Smile

I only know of filesharing programs but my first advice would be to get something like Norton Systemworks works real nicely with the anti virus and all the other things. Bottom line is make sure you have a GOOD up to date anti-virus before you dl anything...

EDIT - dl spybot from this site too http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html it is a very handy program to eliminate spyware and never pay for a spyware eliminator. As far as viruses go I have a page that may help if you get one...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avc...id=nav2005
Or you could use linux as your operating system, I changed from windows about 8 months ago and have not had a single virus or spyware problem since, on the music side of it my personal favourites would have to be Limewire and Shareaza they are both file sharing programs, but I prefer Limewire,.

But as most things it's personal preference whatever you feel most comfortable with.
sk1nd0g Wrote:Or you could use linux as your operating system, I changed from windows about 8 months ago and have not had a single virus or spyware problem since, on the music side of it my personal favourites would have to be Limewire and Shareaza they are both file sharing programs, but I prefer Limewire,.

But as most things it's personal preference whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Limewires pretty good got Pro for free forgot the link to do it though. I know how to get full programs free easy though... Big Grin
Thanks guys. I've got virus scanners and stuff. I meant to ask what sites I should watch out for. For example I heard that if you use Kazaa there's a good chance that if you dl a movie or something you get a virus send along with it.

Can you post some filesharing sites/programs from which I can get music and movies safely? Limewire looks good, are there anymore?
Limewires the only one I can think of off hand. But the good thing in my experience with Limewire is when you find a corrupted file before its fully downloaded and can cause any damage it allows you to cancel it by popping up and telling you what file is corrupted with a continue downloading yes no option as well. Hope that made sense...
Makes perfect sence. I've been reading their faq page. It seems like a very user friendly program which I need knowing my lack of pc knowledge.