Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Is this HK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought this http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=RYK041932 and i ws wondering if its HK or not the price would suggest it is but I can't find it on this site and ive seen it for more. Its also region 1 so....?
there is a "Manga" logo on it, so i would assume its released by Manga and is not HK
DDD doesn't sell HK's.

Also, what is the point of asking after you've made the purchase? Most people usually do the research before spending their money.
you missed one crutial word in that sentence, 'smart' - 'Most SMART people usually do research before spending their money.'
damn I was pretty sure it wasnt HK i just wanted a second opinion didnt know i was gonna get chewed out it hasnt shipped yet so i could have just cancelled.
Slizerzak Wrote:damn I was pretty sure it wasnt HK i just wanted a second opinion didnt know i was gonna get chewed out it hasnt shipped yet so i could have just cancelled.

I wasn't 'chewing'. I just like to find out the rationale behind why people do things. Still makes no sense to me to do the research afterwards.
There is no logic behind it just stupidity. It's simply acting without thinking...
Deep Discount has a statement at the bottom of their order pages that they only sell R1 disks

Now you can take that or leave it since I've seen R1 disks that say they are All Region (R0), There are several companies that sell disks that way, Central Park Media, US Manga, Manga Corp... when I questioned Right Stuf about it, (who is a legitimate R1 company) they said that is what the suppliers send them and it is more convient for their other customers.... I should have responded with those were typically considered bootlegs then since they weren't R1's...
Amethyst Wrote:Deep Discount has a statement at the bottom of their order pages that they only sell R1 disks

Now you can take that or leave it since I've seen R1 disks that say they are All Region (R0), There are several companies that sell disks that way, Central Park Media, US Manga, Manga Corp... when I questioned Right Stuf about it, (who is a legitimate R1 company) they said that is what the suppliers send them and it is more convient for their other customers.... I should have responded with those were typically considered bootlegs then since they weren't R1's...

I believe what they mean by that is they hold the rights in this region, therefore they can claim to be R1.
just want to point out a small thing, even thought they say "Only sell R1 discs" at the bottom that should still not stop the "smart" (as you guys like to add, and tear into a newbie) buyer, because there are alot of HK shops that outright claim they are R1 sellers and deny they are bootlegs.

Where is this sarcasm coming from anyways? No one gets a break because they just want to ask a second opinion, we all were newbies at some point, and with enough experience we are able to logically deduct whats a bootleg and whats not, but other people that havent had the same exposure may still believe than a 3 dvd set with all 26 episodes is a legit release because the website that sell the product claims its R1 legit and they take their word for it.

When you go to school and learn, teacher don't say to students when they make mistakes, "You dipshit, thats not right, get lost"

So I apeal to you guys not to bash new members as stupid as their questions seams to be to us, give them a break, we all were their at some point, whether u admit it or not.

*end of my 2cents worth*
I didn't mean to say that Slizerzak was stupid for not understanding the difference between legit dvds and bootlegs - I was saying he was stupid for doing the research AFTER purchasing the item. (Agreeing with Vicious)
Would you do a presentation about a historical figure and conduct the research after the presentation was done?

My apologies Slizerzak - maybe you didn't care whether it was an R1 or not, and you were just simply curious.
Like I said earlier, I wasn't tearing into anybody. But simply trying to figure out what sense it makes to ask after the fact.
the 2cents is not resticted to this thread only, I have noticed a pattern of newbie bashing in many threads and posted my distaste for it here. Lets put a stop to it, alot (not all, some ask for it) of it is undeserved, many people go to forums to learn, and all the 'experts' should teach not bash.

Thanks for your understanding.
JunkieJoe Wrote:just want to point out a small thing, even thought they say "Only sell R1 discs" at the bottom that should still not stop the "smart" (as you guys like to add, and tear into a newbie) buyer, because there are alot of HK shops that outright claim they are R1 sellers and deny they are bootlegs.

Where is this sarcasm coming from anyways? No one gets a break because they just want to ask a second opinion, we all were newbies at some point, and with enough experience we are able to logically deduct whats a bootleg and whats not, but other people that havent had the same exposure may still believe than a 3 dvd set with all 26 episodes is a legit release because the website that sell the product claims its R1 legit and they take their word for it.

When you go to school and learn, teacher don't say to students when they make mistakes, "You dipshit, thats not right, get lost"

So I apeal to you guys not to bash new members as stupid as their questions seams to be to us, give them a break, we all were their at some point, whether u admit it or not.

*end of my 2cents worth*

JJ This is the first forum I havent bashed people. I don't know who you were referring to but HKs are becoming easier to identify for me at leat over the past few months since I found this site. But with HKs the greatest advice I can offer is not buying them in stores ive seen the prices in Illinois in Fox Valley Mall for example horrible. But HKs are easy to pass of as R1s without most knowing it happens all the time at various online stores such as Yahoo Stores and Amazon...