Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DVD trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the problem. When I play DVD's on my DVD player (brand new) on my TV, the color goes from light to dark then back then back again. My PS2 did the same thing with one of my DVD's (DBGT R1), but only that one. Then when I played I-robot on my PS2 it did the same thing just not quite as bad. But now my new dvd player is doing it as much as my PS2 did to I-Robot. My DVD player does it to all my DVD's (DBGT 13,14,15 and Inu Yasha movie 2 R1) exept my Homestar Runner sbemail.exe DVD. I think both my TV's aren't compatible with my DVD player but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?
Do you have a vcr hooked to your dvd player? If you have, please remove the vcr. It's the anti-piracy safety encoding Macrovision in the dvds (If they are legitimate R1s), to prevent anyone from recording the movie/shows onto tapes.
If you can, get a dvd player with macrovision decoder.
OK thanks. Although I will just keep my DVD player and hook it up through to my TV directly.
My PS2 always fucks up.
it goes dark then black and i can still hear whats going on in the game i hit the system and then it comes back also movies are darker and sound so bad on the PS2. i know why the sound is bad but not why the color is dark. i have tried hooking it up to other A/V outlets and still have the same problem. i need to retire it i guess and get a new slim one or just wait for a PS3. is your system old? mine is one from launch.

-LE
My PS2 isn't all that old and it works fine with everything but R1s. So I think it's just the stupid anti copy thing on the DVD's.

Last Exile, check your PM's
JR, it sounds like "Macrovision" to me.