Import Anime Forums

Full Version: DVD Weirdness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought the ROD TV complete DVD and the 1st and 3rd cd work perfectly in my XBOX but the 2nd usually makes a whole bunch of noise like the cd is being scrapped up its like buzzing sound when the spindle grabs the CD but the dvd plays without any noise in my ps2? So I tried to find out what the hell was wrong with the DVD so I looked around and the only thing I found that was different was the center part of the 2nd dvd top and bottom piece of the dvd that holds the data sheet inbetween werent connected just at the center.(I know this may be hard to understand) So I tried to super glue the two pieces at the center back together (don't worry im a master gluer) the two pieces are now together but its still making noise but only sometimes. Now the DVD does either 3 things either it continues to make noise, Wont read CD(think this may be for another reason) or its wont make noise. Has this ever happened to anyone and is there a better way to fix it besides glue because thats pretty sad that I have to get out my modeling kit to fix a dvd.
This happens to me from time to time. It used to happen a lot more when I used my cheap apex and my ps2. Now that I have a nicer player it does it much less. Descendants of Darkness makes a crapload of noice, if it even plays. Only played in my ps2, my apex wouldn't even read it. The noise (usually) goes away after you have the disc in for a while.
Do you know what cases this I was thinking maybe after awhile in the DVD player the sound may go away but its very weird ive never seen this before.
Get a magnavox mp3 dvd player, its bulky but it plays the hk dvds very nicely. Plus its cheap since its dated.
I just reordered the 2nd dvd over again for 10 bucks along with some other dvds so its no big problem anymore don't think I should buy another DVD player my xbox has played everything else great this is the only cd ive had a problem with and its the CDs fault.
Is this the magnavox DVD player your talking about??

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...s&n=507846