Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Theory...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately I have been thinking about something based on what I have seen and last night I found out something that adds to it. I believe that everytime a human experiences death their mind bends and twists to cope with the pain and misery. When a person sees too much death in a short life time they lose the ability to show emotion no matter how hard they try because their mind loses the ability to deal with it and thus just leaves emotion with no proof. I don't base any of this on science but what I have seen in one of my friends over the past few years and what he has told me. Does anyone have have any thoughts on this? I am very intrested in hearing what you have to add...
Puppet Master Wrote:I believe that everytime a human experiences death their mind bends and twists to cope with the pain and misery. When a person sees too much death in a short life time they lose the ability to show emotion no matter how hard they try because their mind loses the ability to deal with it and thus just leaves emotion with no proof.

emotions are hard to control, some people a deal with it in many different ways.
if a loved one has passed away, theres sure to be tears and sadness. but if a person deals with death too much, like you say, how are they suppose to feel....... so much pain.....
a feeling that i do not want to feel.
Gemini Wrote:emotions are hard to control, some people a deal with it in many different ways.
if a loved one has passed away, theres sure to be tears and sadness. but if a person deals with death too much, like you say, how are they suppose to feel....... so much pain.....
a feeling that i do not want to feel.

It's really sad because hes younger than me and an old friend of mine he has had friends and family hang themselves and commit suicide in other ways, family die in car accidents, and from disease. I can't even count how much death he has had to face I can recall at least five though off the top of my head. Normally I am one of the most helpful people as far as death goes because I understand the pain and usually can come up with the words that help offer a little comfort at least. Yesterday though for the first time since my Great Grandmother died I didnt know what to say. It sucks seeing those you treat like family suffer...
I believe that this is true only for some people. Take WWII for example, some got really messed up by it and some did not. It sort of depends on the person.
?The deeper a man's sadness is the dryer his tears will be.? This is from Heat Guy J and is totally true. When you experience emotional pain you push it down deep inside to keep from dealing with it. Only when your feelings come to the surface to you have to cope with the pain they bring.
Blight Wrote:?The deeper a man's sadness is the dryer his tears will be.? This is from Heat Guy J and is totally true. When you experience emotional pain you push it down deep inside to keep from dealing with it. Only when your feelings come to the surface to you have to cope with the pain they bring.

Hm...Very deep quote...
The body has an automatic response to intense pain. What it does is it releases this hormone thingy (i forgot the exact name) and kinda numbs everything and if the pain is a lot more worst, the body shuts down more like you lose consciousness. I learned this from my anatomy class during my university days. Im thinking its the same with emotional pain thats why some people lose cosciousness when grieving for a loved one that died. It is more healthy for a person to cry and let all the sadness come out than keeping everything inside now knowing when it will build up and finally explode to whatever or whoever is present at that time.
Blight Wrote:?The deeper a man's sadness is the dryer his tears will be.? This is from Heat Guy J and is totally true. When you experience emotional pain you push it down deep inside to keep from dealing with it. Only when your feelings come to the surface to you have to cope with the pain they bring.
I'll agree with that. Most of the death that I've dealt with has been of older realatives. So while it wasn't exactly expected, it wasn't a shock either, and did not really bothered me. But then we're not the closest family. I had one friend die, and that came with a decent amount of shock and all that good stuff. Haven't really cried over any of them though. It's rare that I can get more than a single tear, usually it looks like I just yawned, if that. Everyone around me can be bawling, but not me. Straight emotionless face all the way. I ended up breaking up with a girl because I stopped caring about everything for a while after the friends death. But you couldn't tell by looking.
WandererX12 Wrote:I'll agree with that. Most of the death that I've dealt with has been of older realatives. So while it wasn't exactly expected, it wasn't a shock either, and did not really bothered me. But then we're not the closest family. I had one friend die, and that came with a decent amount of shock and all that good stuff. Haven't really cried over any of them though. It's rare that I can get more than a single tear, usually it looks like I just yawned, if that. Everyone around me can be bawling, but not me. Straight emotionless face all the way. I ended up breaking up with a girl because I stopped caring about everything for a while after the friends death. But you couldn't tell by looking.

I usually don?t cry either. The only time I really lost it was when my uncle died. I was sitting in the chapel and everyone kept pestering me to go up to the coffin and I just couldn?t. If I saw him lying there I would have to accept something that I could not believe. When they forcibly dragged my ass up there, I shattered like a brittle mirror and was over come by the reality of its shards which made me shed tears equal in number. My mind didn?t work right for weeks, and the lasting effects of his death are far more powerful than any other in my life. I admit there are still times like it seems he?s not really gone and when I think about him I have to swallow to get that damn lump out of my throat.
Blight Wrote:I usually don?t cry either. The only time I really lost it was when my uncle died. I was sitting in the chapel and everyone kept pestering me to go up to the coffin and I just couldn?t. If I saw him lying there I would have to accept something that I could not believe. When they forcibly dragged my ass up there, I shattered like a brittle mirror and was over come by the reality of its shards which made me shed tears equal in number. My mind didn?t work right for weeks, and the lasting effects of his death are far more powerful than any other in my life. I admit there are still times like it seems he?s not really gone and when I think about him I have to swallow to get that damn lump out of my throat.

The first time I went to a funeral I did have an extremly hard time facing the reality of it all. I had a hard time even staying in the same room as the body it was so depressing I kept going to the downstairs area to get something to drink. The reason it was depressing is it was the first time I had to face reality for what it is that people die and it really tears your very heart and soul to shreds and scatters them across existence. Being a Paul Bearer[sp?] for the first time and not even knowing before hand didnt help much. I don't mind that job but when you never even heard of it much less expect it the pain just intensifies...