Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Asian Horror Movie Junkie.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately I've been watching a lot of Asian Horror movies and I think Im getting obsessed with it. Its really different than the Hollywood type of horror movies. Its kinda like a new world in the horror genre

Here's a list of what I've seen so far
Ringu (japanese)
Ring Virus (korean)
Ghost (korean)
Juon 1 and 2 (japanese)
Dark Water (japanese)
The Phone (Chinese)
The Eye 1 and 2 (Chinese) Really good storyline and Scary as hell (part 2)
Whispering Corridors (Korean) Awesome Plot
Wishing Stairs (Korean)

Thats about all of them. If any of you have some suggestions on any other Asian Horror movies please post it here. I'd really appreciate it! Big Grin
i've only seen ringu and the eye...
there's, the eye 2??? i didn't know that. i htought that was pretty scary.
A Tale of Two Sisters.
matthewmalay Wrote:A Tale of Two Sisters.

I think I've heard about that title before. Better check it out then. Smile
Gemini Wrote:i've only seen ringu and the eye...
there's, the eye 2??? i didn't know that. i htought that was pretty scary.

Yes there is and its also pretty scary. Shu Qi is the main actress, pretty famous from the US film "the transporter" and played as a leading actress in "georgeous" with Jacky Chan in it.

i've seen it ... a great movie indeed

Suspense & horror with some twists and a great leading actress

have you ever heard of a Korean movie called oldboy.

i hear its a bit extreme ... i might pick it up soon

http://www.horrortalk.com/reviews/OldBoy/OldBoy.htm
OMG, Oldboy was one of the best movies I've seen all year. I wouldn't call it horror but great suspense and definately a mindfuck, great movie and a must see for those who like edgy movies.
matthewmalay Wrote:OMG, Oldboy was one of the best movies I've seen all year. I wouldn't call it horror but great suspense and definately a mindfuck, great movie and a must see for those who like edgy movies.

Is a tale of two sisters and Old boy new movies that came out this year? I cant seem to find it in my neighborhood HK store. Sad
Oldboy came out this year, A Tale of Two Sisters last year.

As for Oldboy I dont think there was a HK version of it which explains why you couldnt find it.
matthewmalay Wrote:Oldboy came out this year, A Tale of Two Sisters last year.

As for Oldboy I dont think there was a HK version of it which explains why you couldnt find it.

Luckily I did found it in my neighborhood HK store but it was burried underneath all those hongkong movies. Big Grin Cant wait to watch it tonight.
Oldboy is AMAZING! Is The Eye 2 nothing to do with the first one? I heard that the director made it then the company made him call it 'The Eye 2' so it would sell... Is that true or just a rumour?

I also recommend this movie. It's awesome, one of the best horror movies I've ever seen.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Oldboy is AMAZING! Is The Eye 2 nothing to do with the first one? I heard that the director made it then the company made him call it 'The Eye 2' so it would sell... Is that true or just a rumour?

No... the eye 2 has nothing to do with the first one. A completely different story but scary nonetheless. Im not sure about that rumor but the movie is worth checking out if you're into asian horror.
I have a Talle of 2 sisters but have not watched it yet. My collection of horror and thriller movies so far is:

Tale of Two Sisters
Ring
Ring 2
Ring 3
Ring Spiral (i think thats what it is called)
Juon 1
Juon 2
Darkwater
Mr Bad Guy
Sympathy for MrVengeance
Visitor Q (this movies just weird)
Tetsuo Bodyhammer
The Eye
Bangkok Haunted

The other british and american horrors VHS and DVD, I have about 800 original VHS and 250 DVD's now, me and my girlfriend collect rare and deleted horror movies!
Just finished watching Oldboy.....Its a really good movie but the only thing that I dont like about it is the plot. Im not really a fan of incest movies. Nevertheless, the movie is cleverly made.