Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Casshern is Awesome!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished watching this state of the art movie and boy I was blown away. The graphics and action sequences are just phenomenal. The only regret I have with this movie is the leading actors costume. I think his costume is a bit on the "ugly" side. I like the Guyver costume a lot better. Nevertheless, I strongly advice everyone that loves sci-fi action to watch Casshern Im sure you'll like it.!
I bought this for my girlfriend's mom for Christmas, she loves asian flicks. Let me ask you, is this based on Cashan Robot Hunter oav from the early 90's or the old 60's show?
evilomar Wrote:I bought this for my girlfriend's mom for Christmas, she loves asian flicks. Let me ask you, is this based on Cashan Robot Hunter oav from the early 90's or the old 60's show?

Im sorry Omar because I really dont know if it is or not Sad
I saw a few minutes of it playing at the Asian bootleg stand in the mall, it definatly looked cool. If the prices there weren't so high I probably would have bought it.

evilomar Wrote:I bought this for my girlfriend's mom for Christmas, she loves asian flicks. Let me ask you, is this based on Cashan Robot Hunter oav from the early 90's or the old 60's show?
Everything I have seen about it says it's a remake of the 70's TV version. I saw whatever version was on the Sci-fi channel years ago, oav I guess, but I don't remember it well. However I think the movie strays quite far from which ever version inspired it more.

This is what I found out:

Quote:With that addictive trailer all over the net, Casshern has built up anticipation as the live action reinterpretation of the goofy jumpsuit showcasing 70?s anime Casshan. The trailer leads on the idea of a slow build up to an epic struggle between good and evil, fully encased in stylish black and white swordfights and dazzling special effects.
loosely based on the anime. it's alright, i have had the movie on my pc for about 3 months but only watched half of it.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:This is what I found out:

Thanks for posting that.