Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Poll of giant robots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
eva-01 is totally badass, he rocks and totally kicks butt, and of course it doesn't hurt to be from one of the best animes of all time!!!
CrazyPimpJL Wrote:eva-01 is totally badass, he rocks and totally kicks butt, and of course it doesn't hurt to be from one of the best animes of all time!!!

Is that from evangelion? I so want to see that anime.
Zinv and the Eva robots are almost the same thing but the one that I get a kick out of the most is Escaflowne just because it is sort of a transformer changing from a robot to a dragon.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Is that from evangelion? I so want to see that anime.

It is a very good anime. Eva-01 is purple and has a scar on it's face. It also has blood which is really wired since most robots only have metal. The action is a bit lacking (it has action but most fights don't last very long. But there are some very good action sences). The story is brillient! But in the end it is extremly depressing! The TV series has 24 (or 26?) episodes. And there is three movies. Death which is a recap (if you don't want to watch the series this movie will explain (boringly) what happend during the series). Rebirth (which has about 30mins extra footage). And End Of Evangelian (the name says enough). There are many religious referance. EVA is like Eve (in more ways than one). And the enemy is called the Angels etc...It is very diffrent from what you would expect from an anime about Giant Robots. Some very good music (a few classical tunes). And one of the best musics is sooooooooooooo based on one of Elten John songs! (and I don't even like his music!). So I really think you should get it Ryo Smile
Mantis421 Wrote:Zinv and the Eva robots are almost the same thing but the one that I get a kick out of the most is Escaflowne just because it is sort of a transformer changing from a robot to a dragon.

Cool. You know what Giant robot I really miss though? I miss the original Megazord. Battle

Sequence Initiated. Show was great before they messed it up with all the sequels.
Elton John? He didn't do any music for Eva, were you talking about "Fly Me To The Moon", because that was not an Elton John song.
yeh evangelion is really good, it's 26 episodes, but the last two episodes totally sucks and really don't have a deep connection with the actual storyline and god did i hate those movies, they sucked ass, cept the part with asuka kicking ass, which was a pretty short part. if u do plan on watching the show, don't watch the last two episodes, because it totally ruins the whole show. i heard that they spent so much money on advertising it and hypin it up, they didn't have enoug money to finish off the series so they juss put some crap together, and yeh i love the opening song it's so good, it's actually one of the only ones i would sit through every episode listening to. i can't wait til the evangelion live movie comes out, but they haven't even start filming yet, blah, but i saw some concept art, and to my surprise i'm not pleased with it at all. they are changing the names of the main characters to suit the american audience, GAY, but the special effects should be good, since it's the same ppl that did LOTR, let's juss cross our fingers and hope shall we?
Had to vote for shining gundam. However, my favs are Wing Gundam Zero Custom, Deathscythe Hell, and the Zaku II. No other series comes close to the gundams. Eva comes fairly close and Patlabors are very cool usually too.
Out of this list I would have to go with EVA unit 01, it just a shame Gundam Deathscythe Custom from Endless Waltz was'nt in the list or I would have voted for him, love that robot.

*spoiler* Also I think I am correct in saying that technicaly EVAs are'nt robots they are BIO enginereed from Humans and ADAM the first angel, well EVA unit 01 is anyway, I think the rest are geneered from LILITH, so they would have blood they are just covered in armour plating.
Ryujin Wrote:Elton John? He didn't do any music for Eva, were you talking about "Fly Me To The Moon", because that was not an Elton John song.

No I said it was based on it. And I know you know what I am talking about.
sk1nd0g Wrote:*spoiler* Also I think I am correct in saying that technicaly EVAs are'nt robots they are BIO enginereed from Humans and ADAM the first angel, well EVA unit 01 is anyway, I think the rest are geneered from LILITH, so they would have blood they are just covered in armour plating.

*MAJOR spolier* Technicaly the angels are humans yet they still call them angels. And technaicaly Getta Robo isn't a giant robot. He is three planes that combine to form a giant robot. Also the original meaning (of latin anyway) of the word robot means slave. (or something. If I am wrong you can correct me) so it actually makes a lot of sense since the Eva's are basically giant slaves.
I Know people are going to hate me for saying this but, best mecha is either Zinv with the

Lighthawk Wings from Duel, or the original Dinosaur Megazord fromm Mighty Morphin

Power Rangers, (aka Go Go Rangers). You may now belittle me as much as your hearts

desire.
Pages: 1 2