Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Bootleg Anime Wallscrolls???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there such a thing as a bootleg wallscroll? I just recently bought 2 wallscrolls from(ANMIACS) and I dunno if they are bootlegged or not. Have any of you guys bought wallscrolls before that were unknown (company name, quality, etc).
I've read that there are, but its hard to determine, unless you actually open it. This is the information I found:

Wallscrolls
It is hard to tell the quality of a wallscroll if it is packaged up, so you may have difficulty looking at the product. Both licensed and unlicensed wallscrolls use the same plastic mounting. Print quality on the other hand is often a lot worse, colours are often very speckly. Again look for copyright information at the bottom or a corner of the wallscroll.

I bought a pair of wallscrolls when I was at an anime convention in 2003, and when I finally got around to opening one of them a week ago, it looked like what the picture showed. Then I noticed at the bottom, that it was made in Taiwan. That sort of made me think it could be a bootleg, but then, not that many people talk bootleg anime merchandise in comparison to bootleg DVDs and CDs
i do think there is plenty of bootleg wallscrolls because for a fact i kno i bought 3 bootleg wallscrolls. i bought it in toronto at the pacific mall but i'm not complainin bout em they are freakin sweet. i got two from the advent children movie and one from the ffx game. they look totally awesome.