Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What is Most Important?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this sad reality that we live in, abstract terms like honor, courage, and respect can so easily be forgotten. I would like to know how many people would be concerned about honor after they haven?t had a meal for several days. I think most people will resort to stealing or begging if there are no other means available.

I, for one, used to believe in justice, but after having worked in competitive work environments for a while, my perspective changed. People lie, cheat, and deceive to advance. At the end, I noticed that more often than not, ones who cheat are the ones who advance further than those who play honorably. For example, I know a professor in college who was highly incompetent. Many of his students complained about him. He did a lousy research. The consensus was that he wouldn?t get tenure. He got a wind of it and threatened the college with a bogus lawsuit with a made-up story. The college ended up giving him the tenure and forced another good professor to retire to save money. Justice? Hardly.

For now, I have to say the most important thing in life is health. Once upon a time, I hurt my ankle playing sports and couldn?t walk properly for a year. It was hard to enjoy anything. Without good health, the quality of one?s life will suffer.
Sorry folks... I've moved this thread to the Flame Forum... you wont catch me doing this too often but I felt it was the best solution for what was happening.