Import Anime Forums

Full Version: top 5 manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Stick with anime. It still loves you in the morning. :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "kakoi_sugoi_yama"

One Piece (of course)

How is one piece, what's the story about?
My local book store only has volume 8 and up. Will I be lost if I start from there?
Ask the store. They should be more than happy to order the stuff for you. :mrgreen:
Thats what I was planning to do but it is a very big chain and sometimes they dont bother with little things like this but I'll give it a try
Hey you are money to them. They would be stupid not to. Though I understand the situation. That's why I love local place. :mrgreen:
My local comic book store will order stuff for me no problem but they only have english mangas, the big chain bookstore has tons of french mangas (5-6 bookcases of french manga - they have an entire bookcase dedicated to drangonball mangas) many of which aren't even available in english - like kenshin and one piece.

I much rather spend my money at my local comic book store than some big chain bookstore.
Ahh you speak French too. Kenshin speaking French. Now that's comedy. :mrgreen:
Gotta say I agree with the Blade of the Immortal and Akira as #1 and 2. Damn good manga. The anime of Akira is so much less than the manga. I guess you need a real appreciation for drawing to get into them. The style and detail is awe-inspiring. Berserk is really good and I love the violent scenes, Ghost in the Shell is pretty good, and maybe a couple others.

I dislike American-version manga like the new Robotech comics that are coming out. They look absolutely dreadful. Granted there are a couple really good artists out there that have the style nailed, but only a few. Adam Warren and Joe Madureira have got it.
Don't buy from that far into it! You would miss to much plot and story, and of course charater devolpement some key things happen in every book so skipping any will leave in the dark. The story is one of adventure very well done. I don't want to get into too many specifics now but you would probably be happy with it. The charaters are so human you can't help but feel sorry for them when shit goes down. 8O 8O 8O I have every volume to date and it is well worth owning. The show is cool as well Monkey D Luffy has Kuririn's voice actor from Dragonball so that is cool Ussop is Inu Yasha it has more Known Seiyuu than you can shake a stick at. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Back on point my top five is.... Man this is hard...

1. Slayers :lol: Zele you rock
2. Ranma 1/2 Big Grin Ryƶga Hibiki is the man
3. Beserk :twisted:
4. Flame of Recca 8) Anime is great to
5. Does Jump Mag count
Marmalade Boy would be worth checking into. The manga will be really girly though enjoyable.
Quote:Originally posted by "johnkillingsworth"

The anime of Akira is so much less than the manga.

My local bookstore had hard cover, fully colored versions of all 14 volumes of Akira. It was pretty cheap too, about $15US each.
The colored one's were made by marvel when the movie came out in the eighties. I have a few and it isn't bad colored considering the had help with it from Katsuhiro Otomo. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
This one is in french so I doubt it was published by marvel
Marvel used to publish under different names in other countries. They were the only one with the rights to the colored manga (they colored it themselves with otomo's help) So it is most definetly from marvel or taken from marvel. Unless it is film comics which is highly doubtful considering it is much shorter than that. Either way buy it up the Akira manga is way better than the movie. It should have been a series. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Pages: 1 2 3 4