Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Azumanga Daioh - FX DVD Boxset???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's up guys?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if FX will be releasing an Azumanga
DVD boxset any time soon? I really need to know, because I'd like to
wait it out to get this one (FX is always the best of course), but if not,
I guess I'll just buy the one that's in stock now.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

-Sarah
The last volume just came out. so i bet we will not see it for another few months. its depends on how fast they work on it and how popular they think it was. so all those factors go into an HK's release.

-Lacuna Coil
Ahhh, right right--that's true.
I wasn't sure on how long they actualy wait to start making
the boxsets, but since the last US volume just came out, I
suppose it won't be for a while.
But hopefully they'll go through with it--I'm sure it would
be insanly popular.

Ah well, I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks so much for your help!!!

-Sarah
i aleady started the collection and is almost finished.......
but is there any way to get just the box?
Have you visited ADV's website for info? Someone mentioned that ADV offers empty boxes for sale.

Also, someone on eBay is also offering empty Azumanga boxes as well, though the costs are pretty steep -- $29.99 plus shipping just for the box.
I want this set so bad i saw the first episode a while back it was great. i love these kinds of shows. i hope FX gets this set done super fast.

-LE
i hope for a soon FX release!

chris
Last Exile Wrote:I want this set so bad i saw the first episode a while back it was great. i love these kinds of shows. i hope FX gets this set done super fast.

-LE

I hope they do it slowly and well done or else we will have another samurai deeper kyo set in our hands
:eek:
Anytime something is rushed it ends up being crap because the effort isnt put into it really. If a company of any sort is going to do a rush job and release trash they might as well not waste their own time or energy much less the publics. :mad:
If they do come up with a FX boxset, will import-anime sell it? The lack of ADV boxsets seem to be incredibly disappointing... Sad Just when I wanted the Rahxephon series too!
Don't worry, they'll carry it.
Dustball Wrote:If they do come up with a FX boxset, will import-anime sell it? The lack of ADV boxsets seem to be incredibly disappointing... Sad Just when I wanted the Rahxephon series too!

ADV usually either re-release the series as bricks or AE.
I don't think it's really that fair to buyers who buy the boxes and series volumes individually as they are released, since people pay the extra money for whatever extras that are included or just for the sake of collecting boxes, and then have ADV re-release the series with boxes at a cheaper price.