Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Sony warns of major glitch in Holiday 2004 Demo Disc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im Passing on the word:

Over the past few weeks, members of the PlayStation Underground--Sony's US fan club--have been receiving copies of the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc. One of the premier demos on the disc was for Viewtiful Joe 2, which arrives on the console December 7.

Unfortunately, gamers eager to sample the cel-shaded beat-'em-up were in for a very nasty surprise. That's because the demo contained a glitch which will erase all saved games on the memory card or cards currently inserted in the console. Considering many PlayStation 2 owners are currently shooting their way through Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which takes at least 40 hours to finish, the glitch sparked an uproar among PlayStation Underground members.

This week, Sony acknowledged the glitch via a mass e-mail to PlayStation Underground members. Besides conveying the corporation's "sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused," the e-mail also suggested that gamers "please remove your Memory Card(s) from your PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system before you load the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc."

a Sony rep clarified the situation, saying "gamers can play anything else on that disc except Viewtiful Joe 2." Said rep also stated that a new, glitch-free batch of discs is currently being mailed out to all PlayStation Underground members--minus the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo. "VJ2 code will be removed from all new discs," said the rep.

Im so glad i didnt play mine yet i would of freaked out i have played GTA : SA for like 27 hours and i would of killed Sony. so if you get one remove your memory cards.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:Im Passing on the word:

Over the past few weeks, members of the PlayStation Underground--Sony's US fan club--have been receiving copies of the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc. One of the premier demos on the disc was for Viewtiful Joe 2, which arrives on the console December 7.

Unfortunately, gamers eager to sample the cel-shaded beat-'em-up were in for a very nasty surprise. That's because the demo contained a glitch which will erase all saved games on the memory card or cards currently inserted in the console. Considering many PlayStation 2 owners are currently shooting their way through Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which takes at least 40 hours to finish, the glitch sparked an uproar among PlayStation Underground members.

This week, Sony acknowledged the glitch via a mass e-mail to PlayStation Underground members. Besides conveying the corporation's "sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused," the e-mail also suggested that gamers "please remove your Memory Card(s) from your PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system before you load the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc."

a Sony rep clarified the situation, saying "gamers can play anything else on that disc except Viewtiful Joe 2." Said rep also stated that a new, glitch-free batch of discs is currently being mailed out to all PlayStation Underground members--minus the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo. "VJ2 code will be removed from all new discs," said the rep.

Im so glad i didnt play mine yet i would of freaked out i have played GTA : SA for like 27 hours and i would of killed Sony. so if you get one remove your memory cards.

-LE

DAMN That would suck....Lucky for me I don't buy anything like that because if I had my memory cards wiped god knows id be pissed got a lot of games on there....
you get them free, it is free to to join the PSU. they give alot of free stuff. its great . but i have never seen somehting like this happen a coder must of been pissed at sony and wanted to fuck up there players savaes. i wonder who it has happened to. i dont have any friends that it has happened to yet anyone know of someone?

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:you get them free, it is free to to join the PSU. they give alot of free stuff. its great . but i have never seen somehting like this happen a coder must of been pissed at sony and wanted to fuck up there players savaes. i wonder who it has happened to. i dont have any friends that it has happened to yet anyone know of someone?

-LE

Luckily no but in person I only know one other guy who has a Playstation 2...If it's free to join PSU how do you???
go here :

https://secureus.playstation.com/registr...fault.aspx

and register. you will be able to enrol in beta testing too through sony when your in the PSU.
im also on the Gamer pannel which isnt open any more to join. but you get alot of sweet stuff from them too i got a PS game holder with a SONY pen and it can hold like 15 ps2 games and 4 memory cards and there is a pad of paper for notes and codes and so on. great stuff.

-LE
Alright I registered a little bit earlier is that all?
yeah.
i hope you get the Xmas goodies.

-LE
Thats strange because I got my demo disk in the mail and VJ2 wasnt on there. Maybe they sent out two different disks or something.
if you did read it they said the new batch will not have the demo on it. i would not want it anyway, cause it would fuck up my memory card.

-LE
I guess its my own fault then cuz I didnt read the whole thing, im too lazy. Cool
Last Exile Wrote:yeah.
i hope you get the Xmas goodies.

-LE

That would be nice lol