Import Anime Forums

Full Version: TV tuner for The NINTENDO DS gamers in Japan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sweet article:

TOKYO--Japanese peripheral maker Agatsuma Entertainment confirmed reports of its much-talked-about TV tuner for the Nintendo DS. The officially licensed product is about the same size as the DS, runs off of power supplied by four AAA batteries, and will sell for 9,240 yen (about $90). Gamers can expect six hours of viewing before the batteries completely drain.

While the DS's first launch market is North America, the tuner is slated solely for the Japanese market for now and is due to retailers next spring.

Because the aptly named TV Tuner uses the GBA cartridge slot on the DS, the peripheral, according to Agatsuma, is also compatible with the Game Boy Advance SP. However, no mention of compatibility with the standard GBA has been specified.

I hope they bring it out here it would be sweet to have a tuner at airports and so on around if you want to watch something when your bored.

pic below.

-LE
So what does the tuner do? Can it actually recieve channels (and how many), or what? Sounds pretty nice. 6 hours though...
not sure yet , its not evem out in Japan or slated for the US yet so its hard to say untill the company releases more details. did you pick up a DS ?

-LE
Ohh shit, bad flashbacks of watching TV on your gamegear. Does anyone else think this is a bad idea? Why can't they just make systems to play just video games anymore?
evilomar Wrote:Ohh shit, bad flashbacks of watching TV on your gamegear. Does anyone else think this is a bad idea? Why can't they just make systems to play just video games anymore?

Just another way to make money no other reason...
I think this is another tactic nintendo is trying in order to boost sales of the DS. They gotta do something or the PSP will get everyone faster.

Oh yeah the watching TV on a gamegear. I remember those days.
i donty know abotu the psp i dont see any real sell points. battery life scares me it all depends on what you do how bright the screen is and other things. only thing i think is cool is the format and then that has its drawbacks like cost and also the motor to spin the disc takes more power. there are no real new games on it its just a ps clone portable for about 90 mins. i got the ds cause its new and does new things to games like letting you control through touch and do new things with touching its great and creative. nintendo has stumbled on to some sweet ideas.

whats new and diffent on the PSP game wise its ports of games from old systems with nothing new other then being smaller. you can say this abotu some games on the DS but they have new things like characters and levels and also diffent features witht he touch screen and controls that makes it a new experience.

-LE