Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Musical Instruments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whatis your favorite instrument to listen to and/or play? My favorite instrument to listen to

is the Guitar. The nstrument I play is the Alto Saxophone. ANyway just wondering if we

have any music people in here. Look forward to your threads.
depends on the music. I enjoy working with the 3X OSC in fruity loops. Guitar is definately the reigning champ in shredding, however, the keyboard has a special place in my heart if they keyboardist can shred (See the band Rhapsody). In Classical, I prefer strings, however I do also like the trumpet in many occasions (see Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #2). However, if the guy is badass enough, the Organ is the reigning champ.

I have played the Sax, Trumpet, Clarinet and Guitar. Personally, I can't stand sax anymore, but I do enjoy clarinet (ironic, since they're both woodwinds).
The synth is my fav. I have mine hooked up through my computer. I use BT's music library program with Sound Forge Pro. Definately my fav distraction in life other then anime right now
I only play guitar, I think it would be cool to try out playing the drums though.
I only play guitar also. Lately I am into new age type music. I like the sound of classical instruments. I wish I could play instruments like Cello, violin, and Piano.
I used to play piano, violin, flute before I moved to Cali. Those are my favorite instruments along with cello.
Japschin Wrote:I used to play piano, violin, flute before I moved to Cali. Those are my favorite instruments along with cello.

Wow
You can play just about all my favorite instruments. It would be nice to be able to hear you play all those instruments (all at the same time Big Grin)

Do you like any of Enya, Yanni, Loreena Mckennitt, Mike Oldfield, etc ?
Heh...i havn't touched any of them for almost 3 years now. Fingers stiff and out of breath. Hahahahah, my former teachers would kill me if they ever find out that I totally didn't do any work at all. I like the piano the best but it's so expensive over here for the brand I am used to.

Of those 4 artistes, I like Enya and Yanni the best. Heheheh Yanni----> could say I grew up with for half of my life.

Havn't been listening much to any music apart from classical for this whole year.
Japschin Wrote:Heh...i havn't touched any of them for almost 3 years now. Fingers stiff and out of breath. Hahahahah, my former teachers would kill me if they ever find out that I totally didn't do any work at all. I like the piano the best but it's so expensive over here for the brand I am used to.

That's a shame. Can' t let special talent like that go to waste. Why don't you pick up a cheap keyboard? That's just like a piano.
It's different....totally different. It's a feeling. Since 6, I have only used either an upright or a grand, to use an 'artificial' keyboard is out of the question. I just don't like it.....people say it sounds just like the piano itself but hell no.....to me, it lacks the richness.....
I'd say piano and guitar. Third Eye Blind songs are some of my favorites because of the piano and guitar in there.
Japschin Wrote:It's different....totally different. It's a feeling. Since 6, I have only used either an upright or a grand, to use an 'artificial' keyboard is out of the question. I just don't like it.....people say it sounds just like the piano itself but hell no.....to me, it lacks the richness.....

Japschin, that's true. A frien of mine has a very nice keyboard, but always complain how she wish she had a grand piano. The number 1 thing she complain about her keyboard is that it doesn't have foot pedals that sustain the sound.

It sucks classical instrument is so expensive. I saw a cello price at $4500 on a window display a few days ago. I don't think any casual player will pick that up.
I think the cost of classical instruments are pretty expensive everywhere, depending on the brand and make.
I started with a $800 baby (it's supposed to be cheap) upright at 6 yrs old, changed 3 throughout the years, finally ended with the last upright which cost my parents $8k. The grand pianos, only used them at my teacher's house and during performances.

I miss playing the piano a lot, been checking out prices around L.A area for this whole year. The make I'm used to cost $12k and above. Crap! That's why I've been trying to decide whether I want to keep my R1s or to sell them away so that I could afford the piano. :confused: :confused: :o :p
Japschin Wrote:The make I'm used to cost $12k and above. Crap! That's why I've been trying to decide whether I want to keep my R1s or to sell them away so that I could afford the piano

Haha I feel your pain. Several years ago, I spent over $600 for a Fender Stratocaster (electric guitar). I guess that?s nothing, compared to a piano. I hope you can find a bargain used one at a good price. By the way, Pachelbel?s Canon in D, Beethoven?s Fur Elise, and Bach?s Minuet in G are my favorite piano pieces (probably a lot of people?s as well).
I would say piano, guitar, and sax, since I play ALL 3 of them. kakomu, I didn't think ANYONE here would know what "shredding" was, but clearly you do. All you guys have to do is look at my username... :p
Pages: 1 2