Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Help with descision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I´m interested in 4 shows, but can only buy 2. The shows are:

Full Metal Panic
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Gasaraki
Rahxepon

Which would you recommend?
Full Metal Panic and Irresponsible Captain Tylor are the best of the four, IMO.
my top picks in order:

1. Rahxephon (funny, great story, music is awesome)
2. Irresponsible Captain Tylor (funny and easy to watch and you must see the sequal the OVA)
3. Full Metal Panic (funny but to short but there is a sequal on its way Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (TV) great show though.
4.Gasaraki (not to sure havent seen it )

hope that helps.

-LE
There's a real sequel to FMP (Fumoffu's based on a different manga than FMP) schedule for release in Japan next year. Full Metal Panic: 2nd Raid is the name for now.
FMP and Tylor.

Gasaraki is def the worst of the bunch.
You should definatly get FMP, it was really good. I would also suggest Rahxephon because i have received very positive remarks from the other members in this forum about it.
Well, here's a negative one. Rahxephon was incredibly cliched, and didn't impress me at all. Especially don't listen to Babyeater's remark, since he's going entirely on hearsay.
Well, I haven´t decided yet, but one of the options will probably be FMP.
And I guess Gasaraki is out of the race.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor seems interesting, as I like space operas (like Macross), but I have one big concern about it. I read in some reviews that Tylor is one of those characters that is quite goofy and solves everything with dumb luck. Is that true? Does it resembles Jar-Jar or Anakin in Episode I? The thing is that I don´t like that kind of stuff (Sure I can take a little of that here and there, but not every chapter).

Also, does FMP and Irresponsible Captain Tylor have an ending, or do you have to wait for the second season/OVA?

Thanks for your answers!
Robojack Wrote:Well, here's a negative one. Rahxephon was incredibly cliched, and didn't impress me at all. Especially don't listen to Babyeater's remark, since he going entirely on hearsay.

Can't really deny that...
Robojack Wrote:Well, here's a negative one. Rahxephon was incredibly cliched, and didn't impress me at all. Especially don't listen to Babyeater's remark, since he going entirely on hearsay.
I got Rahxephon because I read numerous reviews that said it was a great series and I enjoyed it. It wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it was pretty cool.
Anything but Gasaraki... *Yawn*