Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Hotmail Glitch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My younger brother and I noticed something very odd today upon logging into our separate hotmail accounts. The storage capacity jumped from a measly 2 megabytes to a whopping 250 megabytes!

So... any other hotmail users notice this?
They've done this in response to Google releasing a free web based e-mail client that comes with 100 MB of storage. It's the M$ way of keeping up with the times and making sure everybody uses their product.
I noticed this too on both my hotmail accounts. I just assumed they were doing it to compete with G-mail. :confused:
sweet more space...(look above)

wait mine only is 10mb still...?

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:sweet more space...(look above)

wait mine only is 10mb still...?

-LE

LMAO 10 mb? That's weird mines 250 as well...
Zagatto Wrote:M$

woo for stupid cliches.
Zagatto Wrote:They've done this in response to Google releasing a free web based e-mail client that comes with 100 MB of storage. It's the M$ way of keeping up with the times and making sure everybody uses their product.
Actually it isn't 100 mb of storage, with Google's email you get 1,000 mb of space, as in 1 GIGABITE for FREE. That is why hotmail is upping the storage space. So far you can only get on google's 'gmail' with an invite. It is awesome though because you can send HUGE files, songs, movies, etc... via email.
That reminds me. If anybody wants an invite you can just pm me I got a couple.
Hotmail is upgradeing accounts slowly. (Mine is still 2mb) Based on when people first opened them.. And i guess if they have also had them temp closed or not for not logging in.. But either way they are gradually doing it. Same with Yahoo i belive.
yup, mine is 250 mb also. I think it all started when Yahoo increased their limit to 100 mb a few months ago and now everyone is following suit.

The thing about the g-mail is take you can only upload attachments up to 10 mb so if you want to attach larger file like videos you'll hav eot split it up into 10mb increments.
Haven't used mine in a while. They won't even let me access it. They might be cleaning up a lot of inactive accounts.
well 10 megs still is alot for one mail message.. I use pop3 i would hate to download 10 megs for one email.. take a little bit.. Also i just read that google is going to be offering pop3 and smtp for there gmail accounts.. And yahoo incresed theres because of Gmail.. gotta love someone starting something and everything else reacts.. IN the past yahoo and hotmail where lowering there limits.. lol.
Sweet. Just checked mine and I got 250MB's as well.