Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Old School Rap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok who do you think is the better rap artist, M.C. Hammer or Vanilla Ice? Personally I

think its M.C. Hammer but then again thats just me. Anyway I am looking forward to your

responses on this.
A. Neither really qualifies as 'rap'.

B. The answer is definitely MC Hammer. No contest.

I cna't believe you even asked about Vanilla Ice.
Vicious Wrote:A. Neither really qualifies as 'rap'.

B. The answer is definitely MC Hammer. No contest.

I cna't believe you even asked about Vanilla Ice.

Ok what would it be in if not rap then? As for Ice I had to ask since most people here at

uni think he is better than Hammer. In other words it was a neccesary evil. Sorry about

that. Anyone else?
I like when DJ Qbert spins old school rap.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Ok who do you think is the better rap artist, M.C. Hammer or Vanilla Ice? Personally I

think its M.C. Hammer but then again thats just me. Anyway I am looking forward to your

responses on this.

I have to go with M.C. Hammer. He beats out Vanilla Ice any day in my mind.
Hammer no doubt.

But I watched the 'surreal life' last week and I must say Ice is a cool guy nowadays. He really hates the people who used him as an idol and he's a really down to earth guy.
Gotta go with Hammer he didnt steal anyones song like ice did Big Grin
Kroova Wrote:Gotta go with Hammer he didnt steal anyones song like ice did Big Grin

You're joking, right? He stole Rick James' Super Freak and put it on "Don't touch this".
Hammer, hands down!
kakomu Wrote:You're joking, right? He stole Rick James' Super Freak and put it on "Don't touch this".

He sampled it, I know its the same thing, but at least he admit it to it. Vanilla Ice denied sampling Queen the whole time. Hammer time bitches!!!!
evilomar Wrote:He sampled it, I know its the same thing, but at least he admit it to it. Vanilla Ice denied sampling Queen the whole time. Hammer time bitches!!!!

and that makes it OK?
Dude, they were both pop.. Shit that isn't old school rap. What kind of thread is this?

Old school rap is NWA, Bone Thugs~N~Harmony, Run DMC, etc.
Jaded God Wrote:Dude, they were both pop.. Shit that isn't old school rap. What kind of thread is this?

I don't know about Bone being Old School. The other two of course (although even NWA isn't exactly 'old school rap'), and Slick Rick, LL cool J, Biz Markie, Kool Moe Dee, Tone Loc.
Jaded God Wrote:Dude, they were both pop.. Shit that isn't old school rap. What kind of thread is this?

Sorry been misinformed then. Went to Virgin Recors recently and they even considered

him rap. Sorry about mixup.
none of those two. run dmc and rakim. i used to really like, and i mean really like wu tang clan back in the day. C.R.E.A.M.
Pages: 1 2