Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How far do you go back......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering how far do you go back when you search through the threads.

I noticed lately that MANY threads which are 2 years old or more had been brought up. :confused: :confused:

BTW, a question for those who brought up old threads, do you actually read the Rules and New FAQ:

4. Don?t bring up posts that are several months old unless it is really important
????
:confused: :confused:

Isn't it possible and easier to just start a new thread instead of going so far back? :o :p
You noticed that too huh? I think it is a lot of it is Ryo of Inferno because he is new. When I first came here I post a thread that had a counter part about two weeks old, because I didn?t search. If it is not on the front page I usually don?t post on it, and will start a new thread (which is what got me into trouble) so I guess he is my inverse on that one. I not saying its just him all by his lonesome though. But I most assuredly concur that a lot of necromancy has been going on with old threads lately.

Edit: You are a guy aren't you, Ryo of Inferno? You said something about not having a girlfriend awhile back, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sorry if you're a girl.
I don't go past the first page either...I only read the posts marked as Unread...
Is it him/her? Actually I have no idea who brought up the threads most of the time. Sometimes I'll think that it's a new thread and will begin to read until I look at the dates.

Whenever I do a search, I usually limit it to a max of 2-3 months. Even then, I read the contents and won't bring the thread from the dead coz I READ the Rules and New FAQ sticky. :p
the only time I use the search function is to see if anyone mentioned my name in the past few days.
Puppet Master Wrote:I don't go past the first page either...I only read the posts marked as Unread...

I usually don't either. I didn't start many threads when I first joined. I would just chime in on some existing thread, but never went past the first page to find stuff to post in. After a few weeks, you realize/remember what has been posted and what hasn't. Then you can start creating your own threads.
I usually go as far as 2+ years.
guitarshredder Wrote:I usually go as far as 2+ years.

WOW That is a long way back
I have seen alot of new repeats and alot i did before like the anime awards some one just did whats your favorite anime soundtrack. but i bet that has been done every month but just pointing that out no search from that user at all. its hard to come up with new new topics that are intresting and havent been done before.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:I have seen alot of new repeats and alot i did before like the anime awards some one just did whats your favorite anime soundtrack. but i bet that has been done every month but just pointing that out no search from that user at all. its hard to come up with new new topics that are intresting and havent been done before.

-LE

Thats one reason I don't start many topics...
Well one problem I think when people are new is that they are not sure if something has been posted yet, and lets be honest they are not going to go back 8 months just to find that thread. So if they post a new thread they get told off for making a topic that already exists, but then if they go back and bring up and old thread then they also get into some trouble. An odd cycle, but one that has existed on internet forums for years.

Maybe if something is more than 2 months old then people should not be able to bring it back, but then if the topic is more than 2 months old then someone can make a new one if they want? just an Idea...
I don't think their is anything wrong with giving an old thread new life, if nothing on the current board is interesting in the least. As long as it isn't bringing it back just so you can get your own bashing in on it because you were not here when it was originally posted
SOme Threads should get a jolt of new life every now and then. Like "Pictures of Ourselfs" is a good one. When someone new joins it might get a new post...
Being a relatively new member, if repeat topics didn?t surface than there would be nothing for me to comment on other than current events. So even though some of the topics look archaic, they are new to me. I think next time I?ll just start a new thread though, instead of reviving an old one.
Let's clear things up. It's not bad to ask a question that has been asked in the past, maybe a year ago. It is bad if you ask a question or start a topic that was just posted a month ago. There is a difference.
Pages: 1 2