Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Case Closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! I went out and bought the case closed r1 box (aka starter set,which contained vol.1 and vol.1 of the third season). I am curious because why are they only releasing the volumes of season 3 and not release the remaining volumes of season 1. Is it because of licensing issues???

THE Starter set contained:

The secret life of Jimmy kudo Vol.1- Season 1

and

Deadly Illusions Vol.1- Season 2

(I am like wtf, where are vol.2,3, etc of season 1) it doesn't make sense!!!

Does anyone know the answer?
not to be mean but the series sucked thats why. really.
those are the only episodes they can probaly put out that some people like. why did you waste your moneyon those? serious im not trying to seem mean but there are so many other titles that are so so so so so much better then this one. if i were you check into other titles.

-LE
Case Closed is well so so at best...It's just one of those shows IMO you watch when your extremely bored like I always was at 12 at night...Personally it just looks more like a kids show than an anime...

Not trying to be rude or anything just being honest...But hey if thats what you like than that is up to you..

Problem they ran into...Well the biggest problem is the series is too damn long. Personally I believe it would be looked upon higher as a 26 to 30 episoide series with maybe two seasons? Much like the majority of the animes ive seen. If I could though I would tell you the reason because it is strange that anything would be released like that. But hell if I ever find out why I will tell you.

Good Luck...
Basically, Case Closed is a really long series, so Funi knew it'd take forever to release it. According to them, they wanted to release different episodes on DVD than are on TV right now so the fans can see more of the show quickly.
Is Shinichi Kudo called 'Jimmy Kudo' even in the subs? Is that true because that's what I heard... Thats just wrong if he is... Just get the HKs, they're cheap and you're only going to watch them once anyway but the series is still great even if there is little rewatch value...
gubi-gubi Wrote:Is Shinichi Kudo called 'Jimmy Kudo' even in the subs? Is that true because that's what I heard... Thats just wrong if he is... Just get the HKs, they're cheap and you're only going to watch them once anyway but the series is still great even if there is little rewatch value...

Not sure if they renamed him in the subs, but according to Funi, all the name changes were the Japanese license holders ideas.
I'm personally a big fan of Detective Conan. The TV show lacks a lot (at least the early episodes) but the movies are amazing. Just bought MI's release of the newest one.

FUNi released them like that because season 1-3 (or whatever) were playing on TV, so it was a good ploy to get people to buy volume 1, and then they're overcome by the desire to buy episodes they haven't yet seen. They'll be released eventually, you just have to wait a little.
Vicious Wrote:Not sure if they renamed him in the subs, but according to Funi, all the name changes were the Japanese license holders ideas.

I think I heard that they did change his name in the subs, something to do with the name already established for someone else in the USA... Still fucked up even if it was the Japanese license holders idea (In fact that almost makes it worse).
gubi-gubi Wrote:I think I heard that they did change his name in the subs, something to do with the name already established for someone else in the USA... Still fucked up even if it was the Japanese license holders idea (In fact that almost makes it worse).

The name that is copyrighted in the US is 'Conan' because of Conan the Barbarian or something like that. They couldn't use that name and so they had to rename the show. The americanizing of names like Jimmy, Rachel, or Amy, was the Japanese licensors idea.
I love case closed to be honest. Case closed isn't an action anime so I think that is why it has lost so much steam so quickly. The show is a long show so I'm not surprised if it ends up in the same way as DBZ. I wanna see more episodes on TV before I go and buy the dvds.

I think everyone else already in this thread already said it. The only reason your getting split volumes over seasons is cause funi wants you to get a better taste of the series if you already watched all the TV ready episodes.
The only thing that annoys me about Detective Conan is the way that you're allways hoping that Ran finds out or he turns back into full size etc etc but you know that it's STILL running in Japan so obviously it's not going to happen for AGES... Good lazy afternoon viewing though...