Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Yay I Got A Dreamcast!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I finally got tired of just reading the post in this forum so... I went to Savers(thrift store if you don't know) to get a working keyboard. But, when I found a wrking keyboard (well I hoped I did), I saw a Dreamcast on sale for $10. I was uber-happy since I've always wantd one. But, now I don't know what games to buy for this awsome system. I'll prolly go down to EB sometime this week so any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. thanx ppl Cool
ArkaidR Wrote:Well, I finally got tired of just reading the post in this forum so... I went to Savers(thrift store if you don't know) to get a working keyboard. But, when I found a wrking keyboard (well I hoped I did), I saw a Dreamcast on sale for $10. I was uber-happy since I've always wantd one. But, now I don't know what games to buy for this awsome system. I'll prolly go down to EB sometime this week so any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. thanx ppl Cool

$10!? DAMN LOL that's sweeet
ArkaidR Wrote:Well, I finally got tired of just reading the post in this forum so... I went to Savers(thrift store if you don't know) to get a working keyboard. But, when I found a wrking keyboard (well I hoped I did), I saw a Dreamcast on sale for $10. I was uber-happy since I've always wantd one. But, now I don't know what games to buy for this awsome system. I'll prolly go down to EB sometime this week so any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. thanx ppl Cool

I would suggest:

Marvel vs Capcom 1

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Star Wars Demolition

These are ones I know are good so here you go. Congrats on the Dreamcast by the way.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:I would suggest:

Marvel vs Capcom 1

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Star Wars Demolition

These are ones I know are good so here you go. Congrats on the Dreamcat by the way.

Dreamcat? LMAO

Yeah though SA 2 is better than SA 1 but both are pretty good...Only games I have played are

Maken X
SA 1
SA 2
King of Fighters Dream Match 99
WWF Royal Rumble

and maybe 1 or 2 others I will check the other 2 lol...But I won all of those but Sonic Adventure...
SA1 > SA2

Soulcalibur, Rayman 2, Crazy Taxi, Tennis 2k2 and DOA2 are all sweet.
w0ot DC rocks... also get Rival skools 2 project justice

Damn, we have a savers... I should go check it out lol. Maybe i'll find an snes system for $5 of something too rofl.
kakomu Wrote:SA1 > SA2

Soulcalibur, Rayman 2, Crazy Taxi, Tennis 2k2 and DOA2 are all sweet.

Forgot all about Soul Calibur
i spent 60 on my second one but it was brand new. but you got a great deal.

i would suggest :

-Virtua Tennis
-Power Stone
-Soul Calibur
-Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage
-Sonic Adventure
-Crazy Taxi
-Rush 2049
-Burnout
-Ready to rumble 2

thats all i can think of that i liked to play, and have at the moment.

-LE
I was thinking about doing the same thing. There are some great games for it and a ton of mod you can do. For ten freaking dollars I would pick it up. RPG wise I would get Skies of Arcadia.
Awsome guys!! thanx alot for all your help, now I have an awsomw list of games when I go to EB tomorrow. I've seen this RPG called Timestalkers if anybody knows anything about that I might be picking that up too. Again thanx for your help guys Smile
Ok firstly, the DC absolutely rules all, fantastic system. I still have and play mine. Also, I think SA1 is better than 2, but not by much.

SoulCalibur is one of the best fighting games ever. The DC was fighting king with a massive amount of 2D and 3D fighting games, that some of which were since ported to other consoles.

As for RPG's, Skies of Arcadia and Grandia are both great, but stay far far away from TimeStalkers *shudder*. Shenmue is not really an RPG but its a fantastic game that everyone should pick up.
Er why has nobody mention Jet Set Radio!? That game's awesome! You can also play snes roms on the DC if you get the CD. Download games aswell if you can and get the boot disc.
You do know you can just download the ISOs of those games and burn them on a cd, and it plays perfect on the dreamcast? That's all because the dreamcast games had no special encoding or anything to stop that from happening. But anyway. I'd recommend powerstone 2 instead of the first one, since it's better in every way. As to grandia 2 I didn't like it much myself, since it was rather a generic rpg. I'll certainly second Skies of Arcadia though. I don't know how much you do multiplayer, but you may want to check out a game called Armada. It's basically a gigantic space shooter game, and it's extremely fun, and great with multiple people. One of my favorites on the dreamcast. Oh, and Fatal Fury, Mark of the Wolves is a great 2d fighting game.
you have to get power stone, that game kicked ass
Pages: 1 2