Import Anime Forums

Full Version: help! trouble resizing avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im having a hard time putting up an avatar with the right size. Im not really good with picture resizing so i tried doing it with paint but seems like its not working. I hope I can get some tips from all you forum guru's out there. Big Grin
haha....call me stupid but it did appear!! so I guess all i need now is my avatar to be resized......Im such a klutz :p

takumi25 Wrote:Im having a hard time putting up an avatar with the right size. Im not really good with picture resizing so i tried doing it with paint but seems like its not working. And also can anyone help me on how to put a signature coz i just managed to make one but its not appearing on my posts. I hope I can get some tips from all you forum guru's out there. Big Grin
takumi25 Wrote:Im having a hard time putting up an avatar with the right size. Im not really good with picture resizing so i tried doing it with paint but seems like its not working. I hope I can get some tips from all you forum guru's out there. Big Grin

Well first off, I think you have to have 50 posts in order to use an Avatar... Smile
oh...ok I didnt know that... Thanks!
How do you get the images onto the signature
just copy paste

babyeater0 Wrote:How do you get the images onto the signature
Amethyst Wrote:Well first off, I think you have to have 50 posts in order to use an Avatar... Smile

Not anymore............................
takumi25 Wrote:just copy paste

tried that did not work
babyeater0 Wrote:tried that did not work

Go into your User CP which is located on the Top Left of the menu Bar....

On the Control Panel / Settings & Options on the Left of your screen, click on Edit Signature... the format is [img]url to your sig/picture [/img]
takumi25 Wrote:Im having a hard time putting up an avatar with the right size. Im not really good with picture resizing so i tried doing it with paint but seems like its not working. I hope I can get some tips from all you forum guru's out there. Big Grin

Can't you get Adobe Photoshop?
Photoshop works out the best for me!!
it seems like I did it with paint but with a bit of pixelation. Thats fine with me as long as its there and it doesnt look bad. Thanks for all your help you guys! Wink

Andromeda18_ Wrote:Can't you get Adobe Photoshop?
irfanview is a good FREE program that does a decent job of resizing images.
babyeater0 Wrote:tried that did not work

Go to freewbs.com and sign up for a free site. Then upload the image to one of the pages and direct link to it. (That?s what I did if you can't tell) If you?re wandering how to direct link, right click on the image and go to properties. On it will be the URL, select and copy it. Then go to edit signature (at import anime) and click the insert image button or type [IMG] and paste then press insert image again or type [/IMG]. That should do it.
I found an excellent program for resizing avatar pictures called "Avatar Sizer", that's all it does and it works like a charm!! Best of all-it's freeware!!