Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Christmas is coming up and I want to offer my boyfriend some anime.
I've got my mind set on Key - The Metal Idol, Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water and Sorcerer Stabber Orphen. The problem is I'm going to give him other things so I can't spend all my money on anime, therefore could you please help me choose 2 out of these 3 series? I've never watched them so I'd like to know which ones you guys think are the best. Also, feel free to suggest something else. Thanks. Smile
Normally, I'd love to help you out, but not if it's for your boyfriend. You can't word stuff like that and still expect to receive help from me. :eek:

I've never seen Key, because I heard it's one of those series that requires thinking, and I don't watch those. Orphen was OK. Nothing special, but not bad either. Nadia is a 40 episode series that could ahve easily been 26 episodes. There are about 13 filler episodes in the middle there that seem to drag on forever. But aside from those, it wasn't bad. But none of those series you chose is anything really special.
Vicious Wrote:Normally, I'd love to help you out, but not if it's for your boyfriend. You can't word stuff like that and still expect to receive help from me. :eek:

I've never seen Key, because I heard it's one of those series that requires thinking, and I don't watch those. Orphen was OK. Nothing special, but not bad either. Nadia is a 40 episode series that could ahve easily been 26 episodes. There are about 13 filler episodes in the middle there that seem to drag on forever. But aside from those, it wasn't bad. But none of those series you chose is anything really special.

I've never watched any of the series I'm choosing from so finding 2 good series isn't easy. What would you recommend? And pretend they're for me. :p
Andromeda18_ Wrote:And pretend they're for me. :p

Can I pretend something else? :eek:

OK. Now I'm weirding myself out.

Well, it's hard to recommend stuff if I don't know what you've seen and if I don't know what type of series you're looking for. Maybe if you'd log onto your AIM account more ofter . . . Rolleyes
Of those three titles, Key is the only one I've seen and both my wife and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Vicious is correct, your brain must be engaged to enjoy the series. It does require a bit of thought but it is worth it... best of all, it doesn't weird out at the end of the series like other cerebral series have been known to do.
I enjoyed watching Key but I don't think I'll ever watch it again. It had a great plot and that's what kept me watching it from beginning to end. There's a lot of dialogue and not too much action.. I am planning on getting my boyfriend a hentai box set and some computer games he's been wanting. I only want to get him one hentai set and I'm torn between Bible Black, Words Worth, or Divine Luv.
Nina182B Wrote:I only want to get him one hentai set and I'm torn between Bible Black, Words Worth, or Divine Luv.

Andro: Get Orphen. Most guys I know like this more than they like Key. Some of them just can't get into Key. They said that it's boring. Orphen is a safer bet.

Nina: If your bf is not into hardcore, twisted hentai, get either Words Worth or Divine Luv. Both of them are pretty soft. Those 2 has pretty good 'stories' too. If possible, get both of them, if not, it's up to you to decide. :p Big Grin
yeah.. Bible Black is very well done but certainly one of the more twisted hentai titles I've seen. You should send Peter a PM and get his opinion on those titles... I consider him to be the master of hentai.
Well I recommend also Orphen. Watched 9 episodes and it was really ok (just stopped because the Subs were really bad. as for hentai, watch Koihime with him. funny and hentai
I'm really thinking of buying Key- The Metal Idol. My boyfriend likes complicated stories, from what I've been reading about it it seems to be very good and you guys liked it too. I just wanted to give him an anime that's adventurous, that's why I thought of Nadia and Orphen. If there's any anime you guys think it's better than these please let me know.
Key is really good.. way ahead of its time.. makes you think alot and can be a hard watch if your tired but worth it...
OMG its like 94 anime and should have been up there with the other great thinking animes
Hey,well if you had read alot the next best thing is looking at pictures of the anime.Here is a place with lots of pictures of lots of different anime.Just go to the Galleries & Images
hope it helps.^_^

http://www.we-love-anime.com
Hmmm.. its difficult to recommend anime to someone I don't know... there are some universally like ones such as Kenshin and stuff, but he might want something a bit more convoluted...hmm...

Has he seen Evangelion? Thats always a good one for people who like convoluted stories. As for "Adventure" I have seen Orphen and I thought it was good, but its nothing special and is a bit forgetable. I would recommend Shadow Skill (TV series) as I quite enjoyed it. But then you'll have to battle with some less than great subtitles. If your BF does not mind HK subtitles then I would go for that.

As for hentai, well Bible Black and LA Blue girl are probably the most famous, and theirfore safe bets.
Well, actually he's not that big a fan of Kenshin, despite the fact that he loves samurai stories. He likes the OVA's very much but he doesn't find the tv series all that interesting. He has seen Evangelion as well. In fact, Portugal was the first country, other than Japan, to broadcast Evangelion on TV so both he and I watched it for the first time a long time ago.
Anyway, I've already ordered Key along with Abenobashi (which I'll offer a friend of mine on his birthday) and I'll order something else in a couple of weeks, maybe Nadia, maybe Orphen, maybe somethig else. Thank you for your suggestions.
You should try Ninja Scroll OVA series if he likes ninjjjaaaa! Another good ninja show is The Hakkenden(Legend of the Dog Warriors). Last Exile andLupinIII 1st tv series are much better than Nadia/Orphen. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2