Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Countdown To Nintendo DS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hola !

Well only OUT THIS SUNDAY 11/21 short days till the launch to the Nintendo DS. funny thought the date is 21st its a sunday. so it should be at stores id say on the 23rd coming down to the last month is getting me excited about the new handheld and moving soon to Califorina is also up there ! i can use this whil i travel down there and get settled before i can bring my other stuff down.

Well anyone else siked about this handheld ?
Super Mario 64 DS looks pretty sweet. thats the first game im getting.

Site Launch : http://www.nintendods.com/

NEW DS NEWS :
----------------------------------------------------------------
GameStop stops DS preorders

Gamers looking to pick up a Nintendo DS later this month might be in for a shock if they saunter into their local GameStop. The specialty retailer has stopped taking preorders for the handheld system, which effectively means that the company has already sold out of its launch-day allotment. The Nintendo DS launches on November 21.

GameStop's main competitor EB Games, meanwhile, continues to take preorders for the DS, but cautions that they will follow suit as soon as they reach their launch-day limit. After the preorder campaign is closed, all further system sales will be first-come-first-serve.

As the Nintendo DS launch day draws closer, the picture of what that day will bring comes into clearer focus. Unsurprisingly, many titles that were scheduled for "launch" will hit store shelves in December. But interestingly enough, a few DS titles may hit stores in advance of the hardware itself. Currently slated to ship the week prior to the hardware are Asphalt Urban GT (Ubisoft), Madden NFL 2005 (Electronic Arts), Urbz: Sims in the City (EA), Feel the Magic XY/XX (Sega), and Spider-Man 2 (Activision). Only Nintendo's Super Mario 64 DS is scheduled to go out on launch day.

It seems now that the preceding six titles will be the final DS launch day lineup, with six additional titles slated to hit stores in December. In any case, the DS could very well be the focal point of a frantic holiday shopping season, much like the Nintendo 64 in 1996.

-LE
I'll wait to see how it and the PSP size up after a little time of competion before i make my decison.
I wasnt interested in the GBA all that much, but i realy enjoyed my old GB. I put that original model through hell and it took a damn good bit to kill it(including my dad throwing it into a lake)
What else do you think looks good.Segas feel the magic looks quirky but i dont know how long it could actually keep me interested.Due to the cost of nintendo products here ill import a few games.Do you think im better off waiting and just get mario plus a gba title?(due to never playing one)
well if your lucky enough to get a system get mario 64 first and then what ever else looks good i bet the game store you go to will have some of them out to play so you can decide what to buy. also http://www.gamespot.com has alot of previews and videos of the games that might help. i will get feel the magic used later on.

-LE
Yeah ill be importing to nz.I was really trying to judge what people like that way if i import a game it wont be hard to sell 2nd hand if i get sick of it or dont like it.Turns out i can get nintendo products cheap here anyway.As a friends father in law apparently works for nz distributer and has heaps of cube and gba stuff lying round (yay).considering alot of new gba games second hand cost nz $60-70 it shouldnt be hard to sell a new ds game that retails for nz $50 inclueding postage from canada.
yeah price for games is 29.99 here but alot of online stores are doing a high price at launch 49.98 i see at alot of places.

i hope its cheap at game stores and if they have the game i want at launch. i have like 6 GBA games so ill have something else to try out.

-LE
ONE SHORT WEEK LEFT

I am so siked about the launch of the DS is anyone Else siked ?

-LE
im Psyched *
I would be if I had the money to buy one. :o Sad :mad:
i have been saving and im ready to get one and will have a system to bring on my travels till i settle in @ SO CAL !

-LE
You know what i'm looking forward to when the DS launches? A huge price drop for used gameboy advance SP's. Big Grin

Think i'll pick one up in a month or two when they're really cheap. Been wanting to play the new final fantasy tactics for a while now, as well as other RPG's like fire emblam. Gonna have to get the link to play it on my tv too. =P
DS should be in stores right now and will be let loose to gamers this weekend on Sunday the 21st. oh how i cant wait for the DS and mario 64 ds. i sure hope they got the system early so i dont have to wait till the 23rd if so im going to be cleaning my shoe after i kick some asses if it doesnt show up and isnt in my hands on sunday.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooya !

-LE
CALLED A FEW STORES TODAY AND THEY ALL SAID THEY HAVE THE DS IN STOCK AND THEY WILL BE SOLD TOMORROW. so everyone that put a preorder in they will be avaible on sunday they got the orders early. also they have a limited stock so if you didnt preorder you will have to be in line first cause its first come first serve. so get to the store fast tomorrow.

Well ill take some pic of mine tomorrow and also of the game, and its case. so if you want to see an actual system in the flesh ill show you tomorrow.

-LE
yoda !

well got my DS this morrning and it is fucking awesome great little handheld its all worth it. but sadly none of the stores i went to had any other then the preorders. im glad i got mine in early. i got super mario 64 ds. very cool and fun alot of new mini games to take advantage of the touch screen also great graphics and it is BACK LIT i can see in the dark its so bright. it has alot of great stuff packed into it. i chated in the mall after i got it and also played some metroid prime hunters, great game its so fun to control it on the touch screen. go to your local game store or store that sells games and try it its the fucking shit.

im going to include some photos sucks though my camera made them all blurry but what can i do with out a flash.

I give this new handheld a 10 its perfect only thing is the buttons are a little small, it is very light though.
-LE
More Photos

-LE
Pages: 1 2