Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What the crap.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm watching my Jing R1 dvd's and suddenly there's no sound. I'm wondering, what the crap? I switch the language and japanese comes in fine. Then I switch back and I see English 5.1 glaring back at me. So, half the Jing episodes are in 2.0 and the other half are in 5.1? /sigh

Now I have to get up and change the output wires around. Really hate my dvd player. First I find out it's not region free, then I have to change the wires around ever time I play a 5.1 or 2.0
Cidien Wrote:I'm watching my Jing R1 dvd's and suddenly there's no sound. I'm wondering, what the crap? I switch the language and japanese comes in fine. Then I switch back and I see English 5.1 glaring back at me. So, half the Jing episodes are in 2.0 and the other half are in 5.1? /sigh

Now I have to get up and change the output wires around. Really hate my dvd player. First I find out it's not region free, then I have to change the wires around ever time I play a 5.1 or 2.0

That sucks..What kind of player is it? I know how it can be dealing with pain in the ass sound...The worst is when you have one hooked up to a home theatre system nothing but trouble over here anyways...
Sorry to hear that its weird too...It does say that it plays PAL which means it should play other regions weird...
Puppet Master Wrote:Sorry to hear that its weird too...It does say that it plays PAL which means it should play other regions weird...

PAL is not the same as region encoding. I can't explain the exact diffrence but PAL/NTSC has something to do with the number of lines your TV displays. I think PAL was 50 lines and NTSC are 60 lines or something (maybe it was frame rate). The regions have nothing to do with this. You can have R1 pal dvd's and ntsc dvd's aswell as any other region combined with PAL or NTSC. Almost any new dvd player reads PAL and NTSC and you can select the output signal to be either one.

I don't know if you looked for this Cidien but it is possible to find cracks for dvd players to make them region free on the net (don't remember the site but shouldn't be hard to google). FI my philips becomes region free when I open the tray and push the '0' button 4 times followed by the region I want it to be.
Interesting.

All I know is I was told the dvd player would be able to play dvds from other regions and it can't. I don't think it has anything to do with the TV because when I put a region 4 dvd in it says "wrong region". If it was the tv it should still play, I just shouldnt be able to see the picture.