Import Anime Forums

Full Version: free running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is anyone into free running?
Um, what's free running? Like, just going outside and running when/where you want to or what? :confused:
If this is excersize related I recently bought Dance Dance Revolution Extreme. Yes, you look like a nerd when you do it, but man you can get a workout. Especially when you get better and start doing the harder levels. There's a mission I tried doing today that you had to jump to a square just about every time as it was very fast and consistant. It took me about 10 times to beat and by the time I finally beat it I felt like I was going to collapse. Of course, i'm also in bad shape. I wish I could go back to the shape I was in while I was in football in highschool. =P

Anyways, if you are a lazy anime watcher/gamer go buy DDR. It's a lot more fun than running.
DDR is even more fun when you add alcohol and a group of friends to the equation.
I'm just glad that we get to participate in the comfort of our own home rather than down at the arcade where we would be shown up by all the local kids.
I'm not I actually walk 4-6 miles to get my anime. I'm also planning to some day either

walk or ride my bike all the way to ground zero in New York now that would be some good

excercise.
Zagatto Wrote:DDR is even more fun when you add alcohol and a group of friends to the equation.
I'm just glad that we get to participate in the comfort of our own home rather than down at the arcade where we would be shown up by all the local kids.

Depends on how big your feet are Zagatto, I don't think DDR is made for some people.
I'd like ddr a whole lot more if I could toggle using the back step. I hate that back step. I miss it quite a bit which throws off otherwise perfect steps. =/
DDR rules! yeah the backstep always thorws off my position on the mat so I endup missing alot of step after that. My favorite song to do is stomp to my beat on normal from DDR Max. I just love the steps in that song.
I used to have lots of trouble with the back step too until I learned to turn my body 90 degrees to make it. Now I don't have much problem with it at all.

What's really funny about this thread is that I still have no idea what he meant by "free running"...
maybe it's like free weights where you...no wait...
no free running is like running along urban landscapes like roof tops and thing and jumping around and stuff!! its awesome sport but can be seriuosly harmfull i had a friend i used tio BMX with and he broke his leg in 3 places when he mistimed a jump

OUCHY Ouch ouch
Ah yes, now I know what free running is. I have seen some Nike Commeritals where these guys are chasing a chicken and jumping roof to roof, its pretty sweet.
no way d00d. That's X-TREME running!